Temporary Trading Suspensions in Individual NYSE Securities
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Finance Association in its journal Journal of Finance.
Volume (Year): 33 (1978)
Issue (Month): 5 (December)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Haiwei Chen & Honghui Chen & Nicholas Valerio, 2003. "The effects of trading halts on price discovery for NYSE stocks," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(1), pages 91-97.
- Jeff Madura & Nivine Richie & Alan Tucker, 2006. "Trading Halts and Price Discovery," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, vol. 30(3), pages 311-328, December.
- McDonald, Cynthia G. & Michayluk, David, 2003. "Suspicious trading halts," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 251-263, July.
- Peter-Jan Engelen & Rezaul Kabir, 2006.
"Empirical Evidence on the Role of Trading Suspensions in Disseminating New Information to the Capital Market,"
Journal of Business Finance & Accounting,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(7-8), pages 1142-1167.
- Engelen, P.J. & Kabir, M.R., 2001. "Empirical Evidence on the Role of Trading Suspensions in Disseminating New Information to the Capital Market," Discussion Paper 2001-92, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Bhattacharya, Utpal & Spiegel, Matthew, 1998.
"Anatomy of a Market Failure: NYSE Trading Suspensions (1974-1988),"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 16(2), pages 216-26, April.
- Utpal Bhattacharya & Matthew Spiegel, 1997. "Anatomy of a Market Failure: NYSE Trading Suspensions (1974-1988)," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm33, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Apr 2003.
- Fong, Wai-Ming, 1996. "New York Stock Exchange trading halts and volatility," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 243-257.
- Subrahmanyam, Avanidhar, 1995. "On rules versus discretion in procedures to halt trade," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 1-16, February.
- Bacha, Obiyathulla I. & Mohamed, Eskandar R. & Ramlee, Roslily, 2008. "The Efficiency of Trading Halts; Evidence from Bursa Malaysia," MPRA Paper 13077, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.