The Effect of Trading Halts on the Speed of Price Discovery
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Financial Services Research.
Volume (Year): 29 (2006)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=102934
Speed of price discovery; trading halts; market efficiency;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chiraphol N. Chiyachantana & Pankaj K. Jain & Christine Jiang & Robert A. Wood, 2004. "International Evidence on Institutional Trading Behavior and Price Impact," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 59(2), pages 869-898, 04.
- Avner Kalay & Li Wei & Avi Wohl, 2002. "Continuous Trading or Call Auctions: Revealed Preferences of Investors at the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 57(1), pages 523-542, 02.
- Roger Edelen & Simon Gervais, 2003. "The Role of Trading Halts in Monitoring a Specialist Market," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 16(1), pages 263-300.
- Amihud, Yakov & Mendelson, Haim, 1987. " Trading Mechanisms and Stock Returns: An Empirical Investigation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 42(3), pages 533-53, July.
- Kodres, Laura E & O'Brien, Daniel P, 1994. "The Existence of Pareto-Superior Price Limits," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(4), pages 919-32, September.
- Shane A. Corwin & Marc L. Lipson, 2000. "Order Flow and Liquidity around NYSE Trading Halts," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 55(4), pages 1771-1805, 08.
- Bruno Biais & Pierre Hillion & Chester Spatt, 1999. "Price Discovery and Learning during the Preopening Period in the Paris Bourse," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 107(6), pages 1218-1248, December.
- Hauser, Shmuel & Lauterbach, Beni, 2003. "The Impact of Minimum Trading Units on Stock Value and Price Volatility," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 38(03), pages 575-589, September.
- Karpoff, Jonathan M., 1987. "The Relation between Price Changes and Trading Volume: A Survey," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 22(01), pages 109-126, March.
- William G. Christie & Shane A. Corwin & Jeffrey H. Harris, 2002. "Nasdaq Trading Halts: The Impact of Market Mechanisms on Prices, Trading Activity, and Execution Costs," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 57(3), pages 1443-1478, 06.
- Kryzanowski, Lawrence & Nemiroff, Howard, 2001. "Market Quote and Spread Component Cost Behavior around Trading Halts for Stocks Interlisted on the Montreal and Toronto Stock Exchanges," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 36(2), pages 115-38, May.
- Greenwald, Bruce C & Stein, Jeremy, 1988. "The Task Force Report: The Reasoning behind the Recommendations," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 2(3), pages 3-23, Summer.
- Hai-Chuan Xu & Wei Zhang & Yi-Fang Liu, 2013. "Short-term Market Reaction after Trading Halts in Chinese Stock Market," Papers 1309.1138, arXiv.org.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.