The Competitive Impact of Commercial Bank Underwriting on the Market for Municipal Revenue Bonds
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Financial Services Research.
Volume (Year): 20 (2001)
Issue (Month): 1 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=102934
Underwriting; spreads; monitoring; bank competition; certification municipal bonds;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Randall S. Kroszner & Raghuram G. Rajan, 1995.
"Organization Structure and Credibility: Evidence from Commercial Bank Securities Activities Before the Glass-Steagall Act,"
NBER Working Papers
5256, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kroszner, Randall S. & Rajan, Raghuram G., 1997. "Organization structure and credibility: Evidence from commercial bank securities activities before the Glass-Steagall Act," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 475-516, August.
- Randall S. Kroszner & Raghuram G. Rajan, . "Organization Structure and Credibility: Evidence from Commercial Bank Securities Activities Before the Glass-Steagall Act," CRSP working papers 325, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Sorensen, Eric H., 1980. "An Analysis of the Relationship between Underwriter Spread and the Pricing of Municipal Bonds," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(02), pages 435-447, June.
- Puri, Manju, 1994. "The long-term default performance of bank underwritten security issues," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 397-418, January.
- Peter M. Keir & James Kichline, 1967. "Interest cost effects of commercial bank underwriting of municipal revenue bonds," Federal Reserve Bulletin, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), issue Aug, pages 1287-1302.
- Kessel, Reuben, 1971. "A Study of the Effects of Competition in the Tax-exempt Bond Market," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 79(4), pages 706-38, July-Aug..
- James, Christopher, 1987. "Some evidence on the uniqueness of bank loans," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 217-235, December.
- Lummer, Scott L. & McConnell, John J., 1989. "Further evidence on the bank lending process and the capital-market response to bank loan agreements," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 99-122, November.
- Puri, Manju, 1996. "Commercial banks in investment banking Conflict of interest or certification role?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 373-401, March.
- Gande, Amar, et al, 1997. "Bank Underwriting of Debt Securities: Modern Evidence," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 10(4), pages 1175-1202.
- Hopewell, Michael H & Kaufman, George G, 1977. "Commercial Bank Bidding on Municipal Revenue Bonds: New Evidence," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 32(5), pages 1647-56, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.