The role of syndicate structure in bank underwriting
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Financial Economics.
Volume (Year): 72 (2004)
Issue (Month): 3 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505576
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- George J. Benston, 1994. "Universal Banking," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(3), pages 121-143, Summer.
- Billett, Matthew T & Flannery, Mark J & Garfinkel, Jon A, 1995. " The Effect of Lender Identity on a Borrowing Firm's Equity Return," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(2), pages 699-718, June.
- Hsuan-Chi Chen & Jay R. Ritter, 2000. "The Seven Percent Solution," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 55(3), pages 1105-1131, 06.
- Christopher James & David C. Smith, 2000. "Are Banks Still Special? New Evidence on Their Role in the Corporate Capital-Raising Process," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 13(1), pages 52-63.
- Booth, James R. & Smith, Richard II, 1986. "Capital raising, underwriting and the certification hypothesis," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1-2), pages 261-281.
- Altinkilic, Oya & Hansen, Robert S, 2000. "Are There Economies of Scale in Underwriting Fees? Evidence of Rising External Financing Costs," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 13(1), pages 191-218.
- Roten, Ivan C. & Mullineaux, Donald J., 2002. "Debt underwriting by commercial bank-affiliated firms and investment banks: More evidence," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 689-718, April.
- Lummer, Scott L. & McConnell, John J., 1989. "Further evidence on the bank lending process and the capital-market response to bank loan agreements," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 99-122, November.
- Diamond, Douglas W, 1984. "Financial Intermediation and Delegated Monitoring," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(3), pages 393-414, July.
- Puri, Manju, 1994. "The long-term default performance of bank underwritten security issues," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 397-418, January.
- James, Christopher, 1987. "Some evidence on the uniqueness of bank loans," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 217-235, December.
- Gande, Amar, et al, 1997. "Bank Underwriting of Debt Securities: Modern Evidence," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 10(4), pages 1175-1202.
- Fama, Eugene F., 1985. "What's different about banks?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 29-39, January.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-38, May.
- James, Christopher & Wier, Peggy, 1990. "Borrowing relationships, intermediation, and the cost of issuing public securities," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(1-2), pages 149-171.
- Hoje Jo & Yongtae Kim & Dongsoo Shin, 2012. "Underwriter syndication and corporate governance," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 38(1), pages 61-86, January.
- Bourjade, Sylvain, 2002. "Diversification of Investor's Expertise in IPOs," MPRA Paper 7259, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Dec 2007.
- Kenneth A. Carow & Edward J. Kane & Rajesh P. Narayanan, 2005. "Winners and Losers from Enacting the Financial Modernization Statute," NBER Working Papers 11256, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carow, Kenneth A. & Kane, Edward J. & Narayanan, Rajesh P., 2006.
"How Have Borrowers Fared in Banking Megamergers?,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 38(3), pages 821-836, April.
- Kenneth A. Carow & Edward J. Kane & Rajesh P. Narayanan, 2005. "How have borrowers fared in banking mega-mergers?," Working Paper Series 2005-09, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Kenneth A. Carow & Edward J. Kane & Rajesh Narayanan, 2003. "How Have Borrowers Fared in Banking Mega-Mergers?," NBER Working Papers 10623, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kenji Ketsuna & Janet Kiholm Smith & Richard L. Smith, 2003.
"Banking Relationships and Access to Equity Capital Markets: Evidence from Japan’s Main Bank System,"
Claremont Colleges Working Papers
2003-09, Claremont Colleges.
- Kutsuna, Kenji & Smith, Janet Kiholm & Smith, Richard L., 2007. "Banking relationships and access to equity capital markets: Evidence from Japan's main bank system," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 335-360, February.
- Ozgur E. Ergungor & Leonardo Madureira & Nandkumar Nayar & Ajai K. Singh, 2011. "Banking relationships and sell-side research," Working Paper 1114, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Shivdasani, Anil & Song, Wei-Ling, 2011. "Breaking down the barriers: Competition, syndicate structure, and underwriting incentives," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 99(3), pages 581-600, March.
- Focarelli, Dario & Pozzolo, Alberto Franco, 2005. "Conflicts of Interest in Financial Markets - Evidence from Bond Underwriting in the Nineties," Economics & Statistics Discussion Papers esdp05023, University of Molise, Dept. EGSeI.
- Allen, Linda & Peristiani, Stavros, 2007. "Loan underpricing and the provision of merger advisory services," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(12), pages 3539-3562, December.
- Hamid Mehran & Rene M. Stulz, 2006.
"The Economics of Conflicts of Interest in Financial Institutions,"
NBER Working Papers
12695, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mehran, Hamid & Stulz, Rene M., 2007. "The economics of conflicts of interest in financial institutions," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 85(2), pages 267-296, August.
- Mehran, Hamid & Stulz, Rene M., 2006. "The Economics of Conflicts of Interest in Financial Institutions," Working Paper Series 2006-21, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- Jeon, Jin Q. & Ligon, James A., 2011. "The role of co-managers in reducing flotation costs: Evidence from seasoned equity offerings," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 1041-1056, May.
- Shivdasani, Anil & Song, Wei-Ling, 2010. "Breaking Down the Barriers: Competition, Syndicate Structure, and Underwriting Incentives," Working Papers 10-25, University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School, Weiss Center.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.