AbstractWho Changes? Institutionalizing Participation in Development. Edited by James Blackburn with Jeremy Holland. London: Intermediate Technology Publications, 1998. Pp.xvi + 199. ï¿½5.25. ISBN 1853394203 Whose Voice? Participatory Research and Policy Change. Edited by Jeremy Holland with James Blackburn. London: Intermediate Technology Publications, 1998. Pp.xviii + 254. ï¿½5.75. ISBN 185339419X Civil Society in Yemen: The Political Economy of Activism in Modern Arabia. By Sheila Carapico. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1998. Pp.xiv + 256. ï¿½35. ISBN 0 521 59098 1 Structural Adjustment Reconsidered: Economic Policy and Poverty in Africa. By David Sahn, Paul Dorosh and Stephen Younger. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1998. Pp. vix+304. ISBN 0521 584515 The Spirit of Regeneration: Andean Culture Confronting Western Notions of Development. Edited by Frederique Apffel-Marglin with PRATEC. London and New York; Zed Books, 1997. ISBN 1 85649 547 7 and 548 5 Development Strategy and Management of the Market Economy: Volume I. By Edmond Malinvaud and others. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1997. Pp.xiii + 302. ï¿½25. ISBN 0 19 8292120 Development Strategy and Management of the Market Economy: Volume II. Edited by Istvan P. Szekely and Richard Sabot. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1997. Pp.x + 356. ï¿½35 and ï¿½25. ISBN 0 19 8292120 and 8292503 Poverty: A Persistent Global Reality. Edited by John Dixon and David Macarow. London: Routledge (Series Social Policy/Development), 1998. Pp.xvi + 287. ISBN 0 415 14681 X and 14682 8 Civil Service Reform and Structural Adjustment. By S.K. Das. Delhi: Oxford University Press, 1998. Pp.xv + 267. Rs550. ISBN 0 19 564305 4 Malaysia's Political Economy: Politics, Patronage and Profits. By Edmund Terence Gomez and Jomo K.S. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1997. Pp.xix + 207. ï¿½40 and ï¿½14.95. ISBN 0 521 59996 2 and 59007 8 Economic and Social Progress in Asia: Why Pakistan Did Not Become a Tiger. By Omar Noman. Karachi: Oxford Unive
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Economics Zeitschrift für Nationalökonomie.
Volume (Year): 68 (1998)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=108909
Other versions of this item:
- Helena Nusse & P. Schönfeld & B. Velthoven & H. Sinn & A. Parikh & G. Blomquist & D. Pearce, 1994. "Book reviews," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 59(1), pages 105-132, February.
- Wolfgang Franz, 1998. "Book Review," Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 154(2), pages 466-468, June.
- Wolfgang Rieke & Herbert Giersch & Wolf Schäfer & Helmut Reisen & Thomas Mayer & Wolfgang Franz & Michael Stolpe & Shigeto Tsuru & Asim Erdilek & Uwe Siegmund, 1995. "Book reviews," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 131(3), pages 594-617, September.
- Maurice Salles, 2000. "Book review," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer, vol. 17(3), pages 567-569.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Arrau, Patricio & Schmidt-Hebbel, Klaus, 1995. "Pensions systems and reform : country experiences and research issues," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1470, The World Bank.
- Bayoumi, Tamim & Eichengreen, Barry, 1992.
"Shocking Aspects of European Monetary Unification,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
643, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Tamim Bayoumi & Barry Eichengreen, 1992. "Shocking Aspects of European Monetary Unification," NBER Working Papers 3949, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tamim Bayoumi and Barry Eichengreen., 1992. "Shocking Aspects of European Monetary Unification," Economics Working Papers 92-187, University of California at Berkeley.
- Huizinga, H.P. & Nielsen, S.B., 1997.
"The taxation of interest in Europe: A minimum withholding tax?,"
1997-73, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Harry Huizinga & Søren Bo Nielsen, . "The Taxation of Interest in Europe: A Minimum Withholding Tax?," EPRU Working Paper Series 97-13, Economic Policy Research Unit (EPRU), University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Canzoneri, Matthew B & Rogers, Carol Ann, 1990. "Is the European Community an Optimal Currency Area? Optimal Taxation versus the Cost of Multiple Currencies," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(3), pages 419-33, June.
- Gerlinde Sinn & Hans-Werner Sinn, 1994. "Jumpstart: The Economic Unification of Germany," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262691728, December.
- Bayoumi, Tamim & Eichengreen, Barry, 1992. "Shocking Aspects of Monetary Unification," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt791143kp, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Horstmann, Ignatius J. & Markusen, James R., 1986. "Up the average cost curve: Inefficient entry and the new protectionism," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(3-4), pages 225-247, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.