Union bargaining power, employment, and output in a model of monopolistic competition with wage bargaining
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Economics Zeitschrift für Nationalökonomie.
Volume (Year): 65 (1997)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=108909
unions; bargaining; income distribution; employment; Kalecki; E1; J5;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E1 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models
- J5 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dutt, Amitava Krishna, 1984. "Stagnation, Income Distribution and Monopoly Power," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(1), pages 25-40, March.
- Martin L. Weitzman, 1984.
"The Simple Macroeconomics of Profit Sharing,"
357, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Layard, Richard & Nickell, Stephen, 1990.
"Is Unemployment Lower if Unions Bargain over Employment?,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 105(3), pages 773-87, August.
- Layard, R. & Nickell, S., 1988. "Is Unemployment Lower If Unions Bargain Over Employment?," Papers 308, London School of Economics - Centre for Labour Economics.
- Henley, Andrew, 1984.
"Trade Unions, Market Concentration and Income Distribution in United States Manufacturing Industry,"
The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS)
255, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Henley, Andrew, 1987. "Trades unions, market concentration and income distribution in United States manufacturing industry," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 193-210.
- Macpherson, David A., 1990. "Trade unions and labor's share in U.S. manufacturing industries," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 143-151.
- Svejnar, Jan, 1982. "On the theory of a participatory firm," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 313-330, August.
- Conyon, Martin J., 1994. "Labour's share, market structure and trade unionism," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 117-131, March.
- Wapler, Rüdiger, 2001. "Unions, efficiency wages, and unemployment," TÃ¼binger DiskussionsbeitrÃ¤ge 210, University of Tübingen, School of Business and Economics.
- Beissinger, Thomas & Buesse, Oliver, 2002.
"The Impact of the Unemployment Benefit System on International Spillover Effects,"
IZA Discussion Papers
656, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Beissinger, Thomas & Büsse, Oliver, 2002. "The Impact of the Unemployment Benefit System on International Spillover Effects," University of Regensburg Working Papers in Business, Economics and Management Information Systems 376, University of Regensburg, Department of Economics.
- Montagna, Catia & Nocco, Antonella, 2008.
"Labour Market Imperfections, International Integration and Selection,"
SIRE Discussion Papers
2008-21, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Catia Montagna & Antonella Nocco, 2008. "Labour Market Imperfections, International Integration and Selection," Dundee Discussion Papers in Economics 212, Economic Studies, University of Dundee.
- Helge Sanner, 2003.
"Imperfect Goods and Labor Markets, and the Union Wage Gap,"
55, Universität Potsdam, Wirtschafts- und Sozialwissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Helge Sanner, 2006. "Imperfect goods and labor markets, and the union wage gap," Journal of Population Economics, Springer, vol. 19(1), pages 119-136, February.
- Daniel Cardona & Fernando Sánchez-Losada, 2006. "Unions, qualification choice, and output," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 58(1), pages 50-76, January.
- Wapler, Rüdiger, 2000. "Unions, monopolistic competition and unemployment," TÃ¼binger DiskussionsbeitrÃ¤ge 180, University of Tübingen, School of Business and Economics.
- Daniel Cardona & Fernando Sanchez Losada, 2003. "Union Power, Minimum Wage Legislation, Endogenous Labor Supplies and Production," Working Papers in Economics 105, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Faria, Joao Ricardo, 2001. "Markup, indexation and inflation: a bargaining approach," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 313-323, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.