Union bargaining power, employment, and output in a model of monopolistic competition with wage bargaining
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Economics Zeitschrift für Nationalökonomie.
Volume (Year): 65 (1997)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=108909
unions; bargaining; income distribution; employment; Kalecki; E1; J5;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E1 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models
- J5 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Martin L. Weitzman, 1984.
"The Simple Macroeconomics of Profit Sharing,"
357, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Conyon, Martin J., 1994. "Labour's share, market structure and trade unionism," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 117-131, March.
- Dutt, Amitava Krishna, 1984. "Stagnation, Income Distribution and Monopoly Power," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(1), pages 25-40, March.
- Layard, Richard & Nickell, Stephen, 1990.
"Is Unemployment Lower if Unions Bargain over Employment?,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 105(3), pages 773-87, August.
- Layard, R. & Nickell, S., 1988. "Is Unemployment Lower If Unions Bargain Over Employment?," Papers 308, London School of Economics - Centre for Labour Economics.
- Svejnar, Jan, 1982. "On the theory of a participatory firm," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 313-330, August.
- Macpherson, David A., 1990. "Trade unions and labor's share in U.S. manufacturing industries," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 143-151.
- Henley, Andrew, 1987.
"Trades unions, market concentration and income distribution in United States manufacturing industry,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 193-210.
- Henley, Andrew, 1984. "Trade Unions, Market Concentration and Income Distribution in United States Manufacturing Industry," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 255, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Beissinger, Thomas & Buesse, Oliver, 2002.
"The Impact of the Unemployment Benefit System on International Spillover Effects,"
IZA Discussion Papers
656, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Beissinger, Thomas & Büsse, Oliver, 2002. "The Impact of the Unemployment Benefit System on International Spillover Effects," University of Regensburg Working Papers in Business, Economics and Management Information Systems 376, University of Regensburg, Department of Economics.
- Wapler, Rüdiger, 2001. "Unions, efficiency wages, and unemployment," TÃ¼binger DiskussionsbeitrÃ¤ge 210, University of Tübingen, School of Business and Economics.
- Faria, Joao Ricardo, 2001. "Markup, indexation and inflation: a bargaining approach," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 313-323, April.
- Helge Sanner, 2006.
"Imperfect goods and labor markets, and the union wage gap,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer, vol. 19(1), pages 119-136, February.
- Helge Sanner, 2003. "Imperfect Goods and Labor Markets, and the Union Wage Gap," Volkswirtschaftliche DiskussionsbeitrÃ¤ge 55, Universität Potsdam, Wirtschafts- und Sozialwissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Daniel Cardona & Fernando Sánchez-Losada, 2006. "Unions, qualification choice, and output," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 58(1), pages 50-76, January.
- Montagna, Catia & Nocco, Antonella, 2008.
"Labour Market Imperfections, International Integration and Selection,"
SIRE Discussion Papers
2008-21, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Catia Montagna & Antonella Nocco, 2008. "Labour Market Imperfections, International Integration and Selection," Dundee Discussion Papers in Economics 212, Economic Studies, University of Dundee.
- Daniel Cardona & Fernando Sanchez Losada, 2003. "Union Power, Minimum Wage Legislation, Endogenous Labor Supplies and Production," Working Papers in Economics 105, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Wapler, Rüdiger, 2000. "Unions, monopolistic competition and unemployment," TÃ¼binger DiskussionsbeitrÃ¤ge 180, University of Tübingen, School of Business and Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.