Inequality, unemployment and growth: New measures for old controversies
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal The Journal of Economic Inequality.
Volume (Year): 7 (2009)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://springerlink.metapress.com/link.asp?id=111137
Inequality; Unemployment; Theil’s T statistic;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Galbraith James K. & Hale J. Travis, 2006. "American Inequality: From IT Bust to Big Government Boom," The Economists' Voice, De Gruyter, vol. 3(8), pages 1-4, October.
- Galbraith,James K. & Berner,Maureen (ed.), 2001. "Inequality and Industrial Change," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521662741.
- Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 2001.
"The disturbing 'rise' of global income inequality,"
Economics Working Papers
616, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Apr 2002.
- Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 2002. "The disturbing "rise" of global income inequality," Discussion Papers 0102-44, Columbia University, Department of Economics.
- Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 2002. "The Disturbing "Rise" of Global Income Inequality," NBER Working Papers 8904, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barro, Robert J, 2000. " Inequality and Growth in a Panel of Countries," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 5-32, March.
- Branko Milanovic, 2003. "The Ricardian Vice: Why Sala-i-Martin’s calculations of world income inequality are wrong," HEW 0305003, EconWPA.
- James K. Galbraith & J. Travis Hale, 2008. "State Income Inequality and Presidential Election Turnout and Outcomes," Social Science Quarterly, Southwestern Social Science Association, vol. 89(4), pages 887-901.
- James K. Galbraith & Corwin Priest & George Purcell, 2007.
"Economic Equality And Victory In War: An Empirical Investigation,"
Defence and Peace Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(5), pages 431-449.
- James K. Galbraith & Corwin Priest & George Purcell, 2006. "Economic Equality and Victory in War: An Empirical Investigation," Working Papers 51, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Andrea Brandolini & Anthony B. Atkinson, 2001. "Promise and Pitfalls in the Use of "Secondary" Data-Sets: Income Inequality in OECD Countries As a Case Study," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 39(3), pages 771-799, September.
- James K. Galbraith & Ludmila Krytynskaia & Qifei Wang, 2004. "The Experience of Rising Inequality in Russia and China during the Transition," European Journal of Comparative Economics, Cattaneo University (LIUC), vol. 1(1), pages 87-106, June.
- James K. Galbraith, 2007. "What is the American model really about?," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(1), pages 1-18, February.
- Galbraith,James K. & Berner,Maureen (ed.), 2001. "Inequality and Industrial Change," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521009935.
- Hongyi Li & Lyn Squire & Heng-fu Zou, 1998.
"Explaining International and Intertemporal Variations in Income Inequality,"
CEMA Working Papers
73, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
- Li, Hongyi & Squire, Lyn & Zou, Heng-fu, 1998. "Explaining International and Intertemporal Variations in Income Inequality," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(446), pages 26-43, January.
- Ahluwalia, Montek S., 1976. "Inequality, poverty and development," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 307-342, December.
- Randolph, Susan M. & Lott, William F., 1993. "Can the Kuznets effect be relied on to induce equalizing growth?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 829-840, May.
- Galbraith James K & Spagnolo Laura T & Pinto Sergio, 2007. "Economic Inequality and Political Power: A Comparative Analysis of Argentina and Brazil," Business and Politics, De Gruyter, vol. 9(1), pages 1-25, May.
- Kristin J. Forbes, 2000. "A Reassessment of the Relationship between Inequality and Growth," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(4), pages 869-887, September.
- Bagchi, Sutirtha & Svejnar, Jan, 2013. "Does Wealth Inequality Matter for Growth? The Effect of Billionaire Wealth, Income Distribution, and Poverty," IZA Discussion Papers 7733, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Dierk Herzer & Peter Nunnenkamp, 2013. "Inward and outward FDI and income inequality: evidence from Europe," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 149(2), pages 395-422, June.
- Töngür, Ünal & Elveren, Adem Yavuz, 2014.
"Deunionization and pay inequality in OECD Countries: A panel Granger causality approach,"
Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 417-425.
- Unal Tongur & Adem Yavuz Elveren, 2013. "Deunionization and Pay Inequality in OECD Countries: A Panel Granger Causality Approach," ERC Working Papers 1306, ERC - Economic Research Center, Middle East Technical University, revised May 2013.
- Herzer, Dierk, 2014. "Unions and income inequality: a heterogenous cointegration and causality analysis," Working Paper 146/2014, Helmut Schmidt University, Hamburg.
- Herzer, Dierk & Nunnenkamp, Peter, 2012.
"The effect of foreign aid on income inequality: Evidence from panel cointegration,"
Structural Change and Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 245-255.
- Dierk Herzer, Peter Nunnenkamp, 2012. "The Effect of Foreign Aid on Income Inequality: Evidence from Panel Cointegration," Kiel Working Papers 1762, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Doerrenberg, Philipp & Peichl, Andreas, 2014.
"The impact of redistributive policies on inequality in OECD countries,"
ZEW Discussion Papers
14-012, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Philipp Doerrenberg & Andreas Peichl, 2014. "The impact of redistributive policies on inequality in OECD countries," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(17), pages 2066-2086, June.
- Doerrenberg, Philipp & Peichl, Andreas, 2012. "The Impact of Redistributive Policies on Inequality in OECD Countries," IZA Discussion Papers 6505, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Philipp Doerrenberg & Andreas Peichl, 2012. "The Impact of Redistributive Policies on Inequality in OECD Countries," Cologne Graduate School Working Paper Series 03-05, Cologne Graduate School in Management, Economics and Social Sciences.
- Dierk Herzer & Sebastian Vollmer, 2012. "Inequality and growth: evidence from panel cointegration," Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer, vol. 10(4), pages 489-503, December.
- Ben Crow & Nichole Zlatunich & Brian Fulfrost, 2009. "Mapping global inequalities: Beyond income inequality to multi-dimensional inequalities," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(8), pages 1051-1065.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.