Private Equity and the Public Good
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Business Ethics.
Volume (Year): 96 (2010)
Issue (Month): 2 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100281
common good; equity; public interest; public good; private; virtue;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Igor Filatotchev & Steve Toms, 2006. "Corporate Governance and Financial Constraints on Strategic Turnarounds," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(3), pages 407-433, 05.
- Thomas O’Brien, 2009. "Reconsidering the Common Good in a Business Context," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 85(1), pages 25-37, February.
- Michael Buckley, 2008. "Two Principles of Broadcast Media Ownership for a Democratic Society," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 82(4), pages 821-834, November.
- Oliver E. Williamson, 1967. "Hierarchical Control and Optimum Firm Size," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 75, pages 123.
- Joseph Carcello, 2009. "Governance and the Common Good," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 89(1), pages 11-18, May.
- Michael Pickhardt, 2005. "Some remarks on self-interest, the historical schools and the evolution of the theory of public goods," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 32(3), pages 275-293, September.
- Bert Scholtens, 2006. "Finance as a Driver of Corporate Social Responsibility," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 68(1), pages 19-33, September.
- Richard Harris & Donald S. Siegel & Mike Wright, 2005.
"Assessing the Impact of Management Buyouts on Economic Efficiency: Plant-Level Evidence from the United Kingdom,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 87(1), pages 148-153, February.
- Richard Harris & Donald S. Siegel & Mike Wright, 2003. "Assessing the Impact of Management Buyouts on Economic Efficiency: Plant-Level Evidence from the United Kingdom," Rensselaer Working Papers in Economics 0304, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Department of Economics.
- Douglas Cumming & Sofia Johan, 2007. "Socially Responsible Institutional Investment in Private Equity," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 75(4), pages 395-416, November.
- Alex Michalos, 2008. "Ancient Observations on Business Ethics: Middle East Meets West," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 79(1), pages 9-19, April.
- Steven Kaplan & Antoinette Schoar, 2003. "Private Equity Performance: Returns, Persistence and Capital," NBER Working Papers 9807, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- J. Graafland, 2010. "Do Markets Crowd Out Virtues? An Aristotelian Framework," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 91(1), pages 1-19, January.
- Dirk De Clercq & Dimo Dimov, 2008. "Internal Knowledge Development and External Knowledge Access in Venture Capital Investment Performance," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(3), pages 585-612, 05.
- Martin, Roderick & Casson, Peter D. & Nisar, Tahir M., 2007. "Investor Engagement: Investors and Management Practice under Shareholder Value," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199202607.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.