Researcher Interaction Biases and Business Ethics Research: Respondent Reactions to Researcher Characteristics
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Business Ethics.
Volume (Year): 81 (2008)
Issue (Month): 4 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100281
interviewer bias; methods bias; research methods; insurance fraud;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Johannes Brinkmann & Patrick Lentz, 2006. "Understanding Insurance Customer Dishonesty: Outline of a Moral-Sociological Approach," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 66(2), pages 177-195, 06.
- Reilly, Michael D & Wallendorf, Melanie, 1987. " A Comparison of Group Differences in Food Consumption Using Household Refuse," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 14(2), pages 289-94, September.
- John, Deborah Roedder & Cole, Catherine A, 1986. " Age Differences in Information Processing: Understanding Deficits in Young and Elderly Consumers," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 13(3), pages 297-315, December.
- Deshpande, Rohit & Hoyer, Wayne D & Donthu, Naveen, 1986. " The Intensity of Ethnic Affiliation: A Study of the Sociology of Hispanic Consumption," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 13(2), pages 214-20, September.
- Stayman, Douglas M & Deshpande, Rohit, 1989. " Situational Ethnicity and Consumer Behavior," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(3), pages 361-71, December.
- Satish Deshpande & Jacob Joseph & Rashmi Prasad, 2006. "Factors Impacting Ethical Behavior in Hospitals," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 69(2), pages 207-216, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.