Consumer price sensitivity in Dutch health insurance
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal International Journal of Health Care Finance and Economics.
Volume (Year): 8 (2008)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=106603
Health insurance; Consumer choice; Price elasticity; D12; I11; I18; L11;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- I11 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Analysis of Health Care Markets
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Strombom, Bruce A. & Buchmueller, Thomas C. & Feldstein, Paul J., 2002. "Switching costs, price sensitivity and health plan choice," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 89-116, January.
- Anne Beeson Royalty & Neil Solomon, 1999. "Health Plan Choice: Price Elasticities in a Managed Competition Setting," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 34(1), pages 1-41.
- Schut, Frederik T. & Hassink, Wolter H. J., 2002. "Managed competition and consumer price sensitivity in social health insurance," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 1009-1029, November.
- Boone, J. & Douven, R.C.M.H. & Droge, C. & Mosca, I., 2010.
"Health Insurance Competition: The Effect of Group Contracts,"
2010-040, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- Boone, Jan & Douven, Rudy & Droge, Carline & Mosca, Ilaria, 2010. "Health insurance competition: the effect of group contracts," CEPR Discussion Papers 7871, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Boone, J. & Douven, R.C.M.H. & Droge, C. & Mosca, I., 2010. "Health Insurance Competition: The Effect of Group Contracts," Discussion Paper 2010-55, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Jan Boone & C. Droge & I. Mosca, 2010. "Health insurance competition: The effect of group contracts," CPB Discussion Paper 152, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Schmitz, Hendrik & Ziebarth, Nicolas R., 2011.
"In Absolute or Relative Terms? How Framing Prices Affects the Consumer Price Sensitivity of Health Plan Choice,"
IZA Discussion Papers
6241, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Hendrik Schmitz & Nicolas R. Ziebarth, 2011. "In Absolute or Relative Terms?: How Framing Prices Affects the Consumer Price Sensitivity of Health Plan Choice," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 423, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Ziebarth, N.; & Schmitz, H.;, 2012. "In absolute or relative terms? How framing prices affects the consumer price sensitivity of health plan choice," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 12/03, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Hendrik Schmitz & Nicolas R. Ziebarth, 2011. "In Absolute or Relative Terms? How Framing Prices Affects the Consumer Price Sensitivity of," Ruhr Economic Papers 0304, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- Douven, Rudy C.H.M. & Schut, Frederik T., 2011. "Pricing behaviour of nonprofit insurers in a weakly competitive social health insurance market," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 439-449, March.
- Martin Gaynor & Robert J. Town, 2011.
"Competition in Health Care Markets,"
NBER Working Papers
17208, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.