Managed competition and consumer price sensitivity in social health insurance
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Health Economics.
Volume (Year): 21 (2002)
Issue (Month): 6 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Anne Beeson Royalty & Neil Solomon, 1999. "Health Plan Choice: Price Elasticities in a Managed Competition Setting," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 34(1), pages 1-41.
- Schut, Frederik T. & van Doorslaer, Eddy K. A., 1999. "Towards a reinforced agency role of health insurers in Belgium and the Netherlands," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 47-67, July.
- Buchmueller, Thomas C. & Feldstein, Paul J., 1997. "The effect of price on switching among health plans," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 231-247, April.
- Hill, Steven C. & Wolfe, Barbara L., 1997. "Testing the HMO competitive strategy: An analysis of its impact on medical care resources," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 261-286, June.
- David M. Cutler & Sarah J. Reber, 1998.
"Paying For Health Insurance: The Trade-Off Between Competition And Adverse Selection,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 113(2), pages 433-466, May.
- David M. Cutler & Sarah Reber, 1996. "Paying for Health Insurance: The Tradeoff between Competition and Adverse Selection," NBER Working Papers 5796, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Roger Feldman & Michael Finch & Bryan Dowd & Steven Cassou, 1989. "The Demand for Employment-Based Health Insurance Plans," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 24(1), pages 115-142.
- van de Ven, Wynand P. M. M. & van Vliet, Rene C. J. A. & Schut, Frederik T. & van Barneveld, Erik M., 2000. "Access to coverage for high-risks in a competitive individual health insurance market: via premium rate restrictions or risk-adjusted premium subsidies?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 311-339, May.
- Rudy Douven & E. Schut, 2006. "Health plan pricing behaviour and managed competition," CPB Discussion Paper 61, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Jan Kerssens & Peter Groenewegen, 2005. "Consumer preferences in social health insurance," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer, vol. 6(1), pages 8-15, March.
- Douven, Rudy C.H.M. & Schut, Frederik T., 2011. "Pricing behaviour of nonprofit insurers in a weakly competitive social health insurance market," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 439-449, March.
- Stefan Greß & Diana Delnoij & Peter Groenewegen, 2003. "Exit and Voice in Dutch Social Health Insurance," CESifo DICE Report, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 1(3), pages 47-53, 02.
- Rudy Douven, 2004. "Risk adjustment in the Netherlands; an analysis of insurers' health care expenditures," CPB Discussion Paper 39, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Ziebarth, N.; & Schmitz, H.;, 2012.
"In absolute or relative terms? How framing prices affects the consumer price sensitivity of health plan choice,"
Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers
12/03, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Schmitz, Hendrik & Ziebarth, Nicolas R., 2011. "In Absolute or Relative Terms? How Framing Prices Affects the Consumer Price Sensitivity of Health Plan Choice," IZA Discussion Papers 6241, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Hendrik Schmitz & Nicolas R. Ziebarth, 2011. "In Absolute or Relative Terms?: How Framing Prices Affects the Consumer Price Sensitivity of Health Plan Choice," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 423, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Hendrik Schmitz & Nicolas R. Ziebarth, 2011. "In Absolute or Relative Terms? How Framing Prices Affects the Consumer Price Sensitivity of," Ruhr Economic Papers 0304, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- Karl-Michael Ortmann, 2011. "Optimal deductibles for outpatient services," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 39-47, February.
- Marcus Tamm & Harald Tauchmann & Jürgen Wasem & Stefan Gre�, 2007. "Elasticities of market shares and social health insurance choice in germany: a dynamic panel data approach," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 243-256.
- Frederik T. Schut & Wynand P. M. M. Van de Ven, 2005. "Rationing and competition in the Dutch health-care system," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(S1), pages S59-S74.
- Machiel van Dijk & Marc Pomp & Rudy Douven, 2006. "Consumer price sensitivity in health insurance," CPB Discussion Paper 56, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Schram, Arthur & Sonnemans, Joep, 2011. "How individuals choose health insurance: An experimental analysis," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 55(6), pages 799-819, August.
- Machiel Dijk & Marc Pomp & Rudy Douven & Trea Laske-Aldershof & Erik Schut & Willem Boer & Anne Boo, 2008. "Consumer price sensitivity in Dutch health insurance," International Journal of Health Care Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 8(4), pages 225-244, December.
- J. Oostenbrink & F. Rutten, 2006. "Cost assessment and price setting of inpatient care in the Netherlands. The DBC case-mix system," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 287-294, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.