The resource drag
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal International Economics and Economic Policy.
Volume (Year): 8 (2011)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=111059
Resource curse; Resource drag; Dutch disease; Crowding out; Mining; Minerals; Energy;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- James L. Butkiewicz & Halit Yanikkaya, 2010. "Minerals, Institutions, Openness, and Growth: An Empirical Analysis," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 86(2), pages 313-328.
- Olsson, Ola, 2004.
"Diamonds Are a Rebel’s Best Friend,"
Working Papers in Economics
156, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Frederick van der Ploeg & Steven Poelhekke, 2009. "Volatility and the natural resource curse," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 61(4), pages 727-760, October.
- van der Ploeg, Frederick & Poelhekke, Steven, 2010.
"The pungent smell of "red herrings": Subsoil assets, rents, volatility and the resource curse,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 44-55, July.
- Rick Van der Ploeg & Steven Poelhekke, 2010. "The Pungent Smell of "Red Herrings": Subsoil Assets, Rents, Volatility and the Resource Curse," CESifo Working Paper Series 3013, CESifo Group Munich.
- Rick van der Ploeg & Steven Poelhekke, 2010. "The Pungent Smell of 'Red Herrings': subsoil assets, rents, volatility and the resource curse," OxCarre Working Papers 033, Oxford Centre for the Analysis of Resource Rich Economies, University of Oxford.
- Frederick van der Ploeg & Steven Poelhekke, 2009. "The pungent smell of Red Herrings; Subsoil assets, rents, volatility and the resource curse," DNB Working Papers 233, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Lederman, Daniel & Maloney, William F., 2003. "Trade structure and growth," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3025, The World Bank.
- Davis, Graham A., 1995. "Learning to love the Dutch disease: Evidence from the mineral economies," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(10), pages 1765-1779, October.
- Gernot Doppelhofer & Ronald I. Miller & Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 2000.
"Determinants of Long-Term Growth: A Bayesian Averaging of Classical Estimates (BACE) Approach,"
NBER Working Papers
7750, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Xavier Sala-I-Martin & Gernot Doppelhofer & Ronald I. Miller, 2004. "Determinants of Long-Term Growth: A Bayesian Averaging of Classical Estimates (BACE) Approach," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 94(4), pages 813-835, September.
- Gernot Doppelhofer & Ronald I. Miller & Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 2000. "Determinants of Long-Term Growth: A Bayesian Averaging of Classical Estimates (Bace) Approach," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 266, OECD Publishing.
- Christa N. Brunnschweiler & Erwin H. Bulte, 2006.
"The Resource Curse Revisited and Revised: A Tale of Paradoxes and Red Herrings,"
CER-ETH Economics working paper series
06/61, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich.
- Brunnschweiler, Christa N. & Bulte, Erwin H., 2008. "The resource curse revisited and revised: A tale of paradoxes and red herrings," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 55(3), pages 248-264, May.
- Neumayer, Eric, 2004.
"Does the "Resource Curse" hold for Growth in Genuine Income as Well?,"
Elsevier, vol. 32(10), pages 1627-1640, October.
- Eric Neumayer, 2003. "Does the ‘Resource Curse’ hold for Growth in Genuine Income as well?," Others 0312002, EconWPA, revised 18 May 2004.
- Sala-i-Martin, Xavier, 1997.
"I Just Ran Two Million Regressions,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 87(2), pages 178-83, May.
- Hamed Ghoddusi, 2010. "Dynamic Investment In Extraction Capacity Of Exhaustible Resources," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 57(s1), pages 359-373, 07.
- Robert E. Hall & Charles I. Jones, 1999.
"Why Do Some Countries Produce So Much More Output Per Worker Than Others?,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 114(1), pages 83-116, February.
- Robert E. Hall & Charles I. Jones, 1999. "Why Do Some Countries Produce So Much More Output per Worker than Others?," NBER Working Papers 6564, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- S. Illeris & G. Akehurst, 2002. "Introduction," The Service Industries Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(1), pages 1-3, January.
- Sachs, Jeffrey D. & Warner, Andrew M., 2001. "The curse of natural resources," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 45(4-6), pages 827-838, May.
- Jeffrey D. Sachs & Andrew M. Warner, 1995.
"Natural Resource Abundance and Economic Growth,"
NBER Working Papers
5398, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Thorvaldur Gylfason, 2001.
"Nature, Power, and Growth,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
413, CESifo Group Munich.
- Egil Matsen & Ragnar Torvik, 2002.
"Optimal Dutch Disease,"
Working Paper Series
2703, Department of Economics, Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
- Jean-Philippe Stijns, 2001.
"Natural Resource Abundance And Economic Growth Revisited,"
Development and Comp Systems
- Stijns, Jean-Philippe C., 2005. "Natural resource abundance and economic growth revisited," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 107-130, June.
- Stijns, Jean-Philippe C., 2001. "Natural Resource Abundance And Economic Growth Revisited," Berkeley Economics Dissertations-in-Progress Series 25127, University of California, Berkeley, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Frankel, Jeffrey A., 2010.
"The Natural Resource Curse: A Survey,"
4454156, Harvard Kennedy School of Government.
- van Wijnbergen, Sweder J G, 1984. "The 'Dutch Disease': A Disease after All?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 94(373), pages 41-55, March.
- Sachs, Jeffrey D. & Warner, Andrew M., 1999. "The big push, natural resource booms and growth," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 43-76, June.
- Keay, Ian, 2007. "The Engine or the Caboose? Resource Industries and Twentieth-Century Canadian Economic Performance," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 67(01), pages 1-32, March.
- Indra de Soysa, 2002. "Ecoviolence: Shrinking Pie, or Honey Pot?," Global Environmental Politics, MIT Press, vol. 2(4), pages 1-34, November.
- Rodriguez, Francisco & Sachs, Jeffrey D, 1999. " Why Do Resource-Abundant Economies Grow More Slowly?," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 4(3), pages 277-303, September.
- Torvik, Ragnar, 2001. "Learning by doing and the Dutch disease," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 285-306, February.
- Michael Alexeev & Robert Conrad, 2009. "The Elusive Curse of Oil," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 91(3), pages 586-598, August.
- Julien Daubanes, 2009.
"Taxation of Oil Products and GDP Dynamics of Oil-rich Countries,"
CER-ETH Economics working paper series
09/102, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich.
- Daubanes, Julien, 2009. "Taxation of Oil Products and GDP Dynamics of Oil-Rich Countries," TSE Working Papers 09-012, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- DAUBANES Julien, 2009. "Taxation of Oil Products and GDP Dynamics of Oil-rich Countries," LERNA Working Papers 09.03.279, LERNA, University of Toulouse.
- Mohsen Mehrara, Mohsen & Alhosseini, Seyedmohammadsadegh & Bahramirad, Duman, 2008. "Resource curse and institutional quality in oil countries," MPRA Paper 16456, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Mar 2009.
- Goel, Rajeev K. & Korhonen, Iikka, 2009.
"Composition of Exports and Cross-Country Corruption,"
BOFIT Discussion Papers
5/2009, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Goel, Rajeev K. & Korhonen, Iikka, 2011. "Exports and cross-national corruption: A disaggregated examination," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 109-124, March.
- Eugenio Figueroa B. & Enrique Calfucura T., 2010. "Sustainable development in a natural resource rich economy: the case of Chile in 1985–2004," Environment, Development and Sustainability, Springer, vol. 12(5), pages 647-667, October.
- Sonja S. Teelucksingh & Paulo A.L.D. Nunes, 2010. "Biodiversity Valuation in Developing Countries: A Focus on Small Island Developing States (SIDS)," Working Papers 2010.111, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Nuno Torres & Óscar Afonso & Isabel Soares, 2013. "A survey of literature on the resource curse: critical analysis of the main explanations, empirical tests and resource proxies," CEF.UP Working Papers 1302, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Davis, Graham A. & Vásquez Cordano, Arturo L., 2013. "The fate of the poor in growing mineral and energy economies," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 138-151.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.