U.S. hospital efficiency and adoption of health information technology
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Health Care Management Science.
Volume (Year): 15 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=101767
Health information technology; EMR; CPOE; HIT adoption; Hospital inefficiency; Cost;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ron Borzekowski, 2002. "Health care finance and the early adoption of hospital information systems," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2002-41, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Romeo, Anthony A. & Wagner, Judith L. & Lee, Robert H., 1984. "Prospective reimbursement and the diffusion of new technologies in hospitals," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 1-24, April.
- Jeffrey S. McCullough, 2008. "The adoption of hospital information systems," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(5), pages 649-664.
- Andrew Street, 2003. "How much confidence should we place in efficiency estimates?," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(11), pages 895-907.
- Lee, Robert H. & Waldman, Donald M., 1985. "The diffusion of innovations in hospitals : Some econometric considerations," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 373-380, December.
- Niccie L. McKay & Mary E. Deily, 2008. "Cost inefficiency and hospital health outcomes," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(7), pages 833-848.
- Ron Borzekowski, 2002.
"Measuring the cost impact of hospital information systems: 1987-1994,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
2002-42, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Borzekowski, Ron, 2009. "Measuring the cost impact of hospital information systems: 1987-1994," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(5), pages 938-949, September.
- Sloan, Frank A. & Valvona, Joseph & Perrin, James M. & Adamache, Killard W., 1986. "Diffusion of surgical technology : An exploratory study," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 31-61, March.
- Jondrow, James & Knox Lovell, C. A. & Materov, Ivan S. & Schmidt, Peter, 1982. "On the estimation of technical inefficiency in the stochastic frontier production function model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 233-238, August.
- Baker, Laurence C., 2001. "Managed care and technology adoption in health care: evidence from magnetic resonance imaging," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 395-421, May.
- Frech, Ted E, 1998.
"Efficiency, Growth and Concentration: An Empirical Analysis of Hospital Markets,"
University of California at Santa Barbara, Economics Working Paper Series
qt7cd1329w, Department of Economics, UC Santa Barbara.
- Frech, H E, III & Mobley, Lee Rivers, 2000. "Efficiency, Growth, and Concentration: An Empirical Analysis of Hospital Markets," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 38(3), pages 369-84, July.
- Michael D. Rosko, 2001. "Cost efficiency of US hospitals: a stochastic frontier approach," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(6), pages 539-551.
- Zuckerman, Stephen & Hadley, Jack & Iezzoni, Lisa, 1994. "Measuring hospital efficiency with frontier cost functions," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 255-280, October.
- David M. Cutler & Mark McClellan & Joseph P. Newhouse & Dahlia Remler, 1998. "Are Medical Prices Declining? Evidence From Heart Attack Treatments," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 113(4), pages 991-1024, November.
- Mary E. Deily & Niccie L. McKay, 2006. "Cost inefficiency and mortality rates in Florida hospitals," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(4), pages 419-431.
- Kazley, Abby Swanson & Ozcan, Yasar A., 2009. "Electronic medical record use and efficiency: A DEA and windows analysis of hospitals," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 209-216, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.