Assessing viability of Finnish reorganization and bankruptcy firms
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal European Journal of Law and Economics.
Volume (Year): 31 (2011)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100264
Viability; Reorganization; Bankruptcy; Finnish Company Reorganization Act; Logistic regression analysis; Finnish firms; G; G3; G33; K; K2; K29; M; M4; M41;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G3 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance
- G33 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Bankruptcy; Liquidation
- K2 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law
- K29 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law - - - Other
- M4 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Accounting
- M41 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Accounting - - - Accounting
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Timothy C. G. Fisher & Jocelyn Martel, 1994.
"The Creditors' Financial Reorganization Decision: New Evidence from Canadian Data,"
CIRANO Working Papers
- Fisher, Timothy C G & Martel, Jocelyn, 1995. "The Creditors' Financial Reorganization Decision: New Evidence from Canadian Data," Journal of Law, Economics and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(1), pages 112-26, April.
- Fisher, T.C.G. & Martel, J., 1994. "The Creditors' Financial Reorganization Decision: New Evidence from Canadian Data," Cahiers de recherche 9417, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Fisher, T.C.G. & Martel, J., 1994. "The Creditors' Financial Reorganization Decision: New Evidence from Canadian Data," Cahiers de recherche 9417, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Hotchkiss, Edith Shwalb, 1995. " Postbankruptcy Performance and Management Turnover," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(1), pages 3-21, March.
- Thomas Eger, 2001. "Bankruptcy Regulations and the New German Insolvency Law from an Economic Point of View," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 11(1), pages 29-46, January.
- S. Balcaen & H. Ooghe, 2004. "35 years of studies on business failure: an overview of the classical statistical methodologiesand their related problems," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 04/248, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- S. Abraham Ravid & Stefan Sundgren, 1998. "The Comparative Efficiency of Small-Firm Bankruptcies: A Study of the US and Finnish Bankruptcy Codes," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 27(4), Winter.
- repec:wop:humbsf:2000-72 is not listed on IDEAS
- Xavier Gin� & Inessa Love, 2010.
"Do Reorganization Costs Matter for Efficiency? Evidence from a Bankruptcy Reform in Colombia,"
Journal of Law and Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 53(4), pages 833 - 864.
- Gine, Xavier & Love, Inessa, 2006. "Do reorganization costs matter for efficiency ? Evidence from a bankruptcy reform in Colombia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3970, The World Bank.
- Kevin M.J. Kaiser, 1996. "European Bankruptcy Laws: Implications for Corporations Facing Financial Distress," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 25(3), Fall.
- Franks, Julian R & Torous, Walter N, 1989. " An Empirical Investigation of U.S. Firms in Reorganization," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 44(3), pages 747-69, July.
- Régis Blazy & Bertrand Chopard & Agnès Fimayer, 2007.
"Bankruptcy Law: a Mechanism of Governance for Financially Distressed Firms,"
Working Papers of BETA
2007-33, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Régis Blazy & Bertrand Chopard & Agnès Fimayer, 2008. "Bankruptcy law: a mechanism of governance for financially distressed firms," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 25(3), pages 253-267, June.
- Lensberg, Terje & Eilifsen, Aasmund & McKee, Thomas E., 2006. "Bankruptcy theory development and classification via genetic programming," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 169(2), pages 677-697, March.
- S. Abraham Ravid & S. Sundgren, 1998. "The Comparative Efficiency of Small-Firm Bankruptcies: A Study of the US and Finnish Bankruptcy Codes," New York University, Leonard N. Stern School Finance Department Working Paper Seires 98-054, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business-.
- Teija Laitinen & Maria Kankaanpaa, 1999. "Comparative analysis of failure prediction methods: the Finnish case," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(1), pages 67-92.
- Timothy C. G. Fisher, 2007. "Discussion of Wong "et al"," Abacus, Accounting Foundation, University of Sydney, vol. 43(3), pages 388-395.
- T.C.G. Fisher & J. Martel, 2000. "Empirical Estimates of Filtering Failure in Court-Supervised reorganization," THEMA Working Papers 2000-45, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Julian R. Franks & Kjell G. Nyborg & Walter N. Torous, 1996. "A Comparison of UK, US and German Insolvency Codes," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 25(3), Fall.
- Couwenberg, Oscar, 2001. "Survival rates in bankruptcy systems : overlooking the evidence," Research Report 01E15, University of Groningen, Research Institute SOM (Systems, Organisations and Management).
- Shumway, Tyler, 2001. "Forecasting Bankruptcy More Accurately: A Simple Hazard Model," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74(1), pages 101-24, January.
- Thorburn, Karin S., 2000. "Bankruptcy auctions: costs, debt recovery, and firm survival," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 337-368, December.
- Oscar Couwenberg, 2001. "Survival Rates in Bankruptcy Systems: Overlooking the Evidence," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 12(3), pages 253-273, November.
- Mooradian, Robert M, 1994. " The Effect of Bankruptcy Protection on Investment: Chapter 11 as a Screening Device," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(4), pages 1403-30, September.
- White, Michelle J, 1989. "The Corporate Bankruptcy Decision," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 3(2), pages 129-51, Spring.
- Clas BergstrÃ¶m & Theodore Eisenberg & Stefan Sundgren, 2004. "On the Design of Efficient Priority Rules for Secured Creditors: Empirical Evidence from A Change in Law," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 18(3), pages 273-297, December.
- Riikka Sievänen & Hannu Rita & Bert Scholtens, 2013. "The Drivers of Responsible Investment: The Case of European Pension Funds," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 117(1), pages 137-151, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.