The limited job prospects of displaced workers: evidence from two cities in China
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Economic Change and Restructuring.
Volume (Year): 41 (2008)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=113294
Displacements; Determinants of activity and labor market status; Formal employment and self-employment; Unemployment duration; China; J200; J210; J230; J240; J630; J640;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J20 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - General
- J21 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Force and Employment, Size, and Structure
- J23 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Demand
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- J63 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Turnover; Vacancies; Layoffs
- J64 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Unemployment: Models, Duration, Incidence, and Job Search
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Benu Bidani & Niels-Hugo Blunch & Chor-ching Goh & Christopher J. O'Leary, .
"Evaluating Job Training in Two Chinese Cities,"
Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles
cjo2009, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Benu Bidani & Niels-Hugo Blunch & Chor-Ching Goh & Christopher O'Leary, 2009. "Evaluating job training in two Chinese cities," Journal of Chinese Economic and Business Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(1), pages 77-94.
- Benu Bidani & Niels-Hugo Blunch & Chor-Ching Goh & Christopher J. O'Leary & Zhongmin Wu, 2009. "Evaluating job training in two Chinese cities," Book chapters authored by Upjohn Institute researchers, in: China in the World Economy, pages 137-155 W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- John Giles & Albert Park & Fang Cai, 2003. "How has Economic Restructuring Affected China’s Urban Workers?," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 2003-628, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Giles, John & Park, Albert & Cai, Fang, 2006. "Reemployment of dislocated workers in urban China: The roles of information and incentives," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 582-607, September.
- Simon Appleton & John Knight & Lina Song & Qingjie Xia, 2004. "Contrasting paradigms: segmentation and competitiveness in the formation of the chinese labour market," Journal of Chinese Economic and Business Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(3), pages 185-205.
- Alvaro Forteza, 2010.
"The Portability of Pension Rights: General Principles and the Caribbean Case,"
Development Policy Review,
Overseas Development Institute, vol. 28(2), pages 237-255, 03.
- Forteza, Alvaro, 2008. "The portability of pension rights : general principals and the Caribbean case," Social Protection Discussion Papers 46188, The World Bank.
- Rita Almeida & Pedro Carneiro, 2005.
"The return to firm investment in human capital,"
CeMMAP working papers
CWP21/05, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Almeida, Rita & Carneiro, Pedro, 2008.
"Enforcement of labor regulation and firm size,"
Social Protection Discussion Papers
43675, The World Bank.
- Milan Vodopivec & Primoz Dolenc:, 2008.
"Live Longer, Work Longer: Making It Happen in the Labor Market,"
Financial Theory and Practice,
Institute of Public Finance, vol. 32(1), pages 65-81.
- Vodopivec, Milan & Dolenc, Primoz, 2008. "Live longer, work longer : making it happen in the labor market," Social Protection Discussion Papers 42471, The World Bank.
- Ge, Yuhao & Lehmann, Hartmut, 2013.
"The Costs of Worker Displacement in Urban Labor Markets of China,"
IZA Discussion Papers
7327, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Y. Ge & H. Lehmann, 2013. "The Costs of Worker Displacement in Urban Labor Markets of China," Working Papers wp876, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Barrett , Christopher B & Carter , Michael R & Ikegami , Munenobu, 2008. "Poverty traps and social protection," Social Protection Discussion Papers 42752, The World Bank.
- Vodopivec, Milan & Arunatilake, Nisha, 2008. "Population aging and the labor market : the case of Sri Lanka," Social Protection Discussion Papers 44927, The World Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.