Term Structure of Interest Rates in the Singapore Asian Dollar Market
AbstractThis paper investigates the term structure of interest rates in the Singapore Asian Dollar Market. We consider extended versions of the ARCH-M model of Engle, Lilien, and Robins (1987). The extended models permit autocorrelation, skewness and leptokurtosis in the residuals. The robustness of the empirical tests with respect to alternative specifications of the ARCH process is examined. It turns out that there is significant time-varying term premium, and this conclusion is independent of the hypothesized ARCH model. Copyright 1991 by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. in its journal Journal of Applied Econometrics.
Volume (Year): 6 (1991)
Issue (Month): 2 (April-June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.interscience.wiley.com/jpages/0883-7252/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Anthony Tay & Kenneth F. Wallis, 2000. "Density Forecasting: A Survey," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0370, Econometric Society.
- Richard Harris & C. Coskun Kucukozmen & Fatih Yilmaz, 2004. "Skewness in the conditional distribution of daily equity returns," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(3), pages 195-202.
- Lars Forsberg & Anders Eriksson, 2004. "The Mean Variance Mixing GARCH (1,1) model," Econometric Society 2004 Australasian Meetings 323, Econometric Society.
- Cheng, Xixin & Li, W.K. & Yu, Philip L.H. & Zhou, Xuan & Wang, Chao & Lo, P.H., 2011. "Modeling threshold conditional heteroscedasticity with regime-dependent skewness and kurtosis," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 55(9), pages 2590-2604, September.
- Thomas Kaiser, 1996. "One-Factor-GARCH Models for German Stocks - Estimation and Forecasting -," Econometrics 9612007, EconWPA.
- W. K. Li & Shiqing Ling & Michael McAleer, 2001. "A Survey of Recent Theoretical Results for Time Series Models with GARCH Errors," ISER Discussion Paper 0545, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Tsionas, Efthymios G., 2013. "Bayesian inference in regression with Pearson disturbances," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 118(1), pages 177-181.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.