Semi-parametric Estimation of Simultaneous Equations with Limited Dependent Variables: A Case Study of Female Labour Supply
AbstractWe propose a general strategy to estimate semi-parametrically simultaneous equations with limited dependent variables. First, each reduced form (RF) is estimated with various semi-parametric methods. Second, the specification of each RF is tested to select an appropriate method. Third, the structural form (SF) equations are estimated using minimum distance methods and the restrictions among the SF and RF parameters. A case study of female labour supply is presented. Copyright 1995 by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. in its journal Journal of Applied Econometrics.
Volume (Year): 10 (1995)
Issue (Month): 2 (April-June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.interscience.wiley.com/jpages/0883-7252/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Changhui Kang & Myoung-jae Lee, 2010.
"Performance Of Various Estimators For Censored Response Models With Endogenous Regressors,"
Pacific Economic Review,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(4), pages 447-463, October.
- Changhui Kang & Myoung-jae Lee, 2009. "Performance of Various Estimators for Censored Response Models with Endogenous Regressors," Discussion Paper Series 0905, Institute of Economic Research, Korea University.
- Kamhon Kan & Chihwa Kao, 2005. "Simulation-Based Two-Step Estimation with Endogenous Regressors," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 76, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Georges Dionne & Thouraya Triki, 2013.
"On risk management determinants: what really matters?,"
The European Journal of Finance,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(2), pages 145-164, February.
- Georges Dionne & Thouraya Triki, 2004. "On Risk Management Determinants: What Really Matters?," Cahiers de recherche 0417, CIRPEE.
- Leandro M. Magnusson, 2008. "Tests in Censored Models when the Structural Parameters Are Not Identified," Working Papers 0802, Tulane University, Department of Economics.
- Tao Chen & Gautam Tripathi, 2014. "A simple consistent test of conditional symmetry in symmetrically trimmed tobit models," CREA Discussion Paper Series 14-04, Center for Research in Economic Analysis, University of Luxembourg.
- Hochgürtel, S., 1997.
"Precautionary Motives and Portfolio Decisions,"
1997-55, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Mette Ejrnaes & Stefan Hochguertel, 2008. "Entrepreneurial Moral Hazard in Income Insurance," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 08-065/3, Tinbergen Institute, revised 12 Aug 2011.
- Mette Ejrnæs & Stefan Hochguertel, 2008. "Entrepreneurial Moral Hazard in Income Insurance: Empirical Evidence from a Large Administrative Sample," CAM Working Papers 2008-02, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics. Centre for Applied Microeconometrics.
- Brian Roe & Leslie Whittington & Sara Fein & Mario Teisl, 1999. "Is there competition between breast-feeding and maternal employment?," Demography, Springer, vol. 36(2), pages 157-171, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.