Poverty and Income Distribution in Chile: 1987-1998 New Evidence
AbstractThis paper presents an update on the poverty and income distribution situation in Chile during the 90s. The analysis shows unambiguously that there was less poverty between 1994 and 1998 than in all earlier years, whether poverty is measured by the headco
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile. in its journal Cuadernos de Economía-Latin American Journal of Economics.
Volume (Year): 38 (2001)
Issue (Month): 114 ()
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- H5 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies
- I3 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Claudio A. Agostini, & Philip H. Brown, & Andrei Roman, 2008. "Estimating Poverty for Indigenous Groups in Chile by Matching Census and Survey Data," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp932, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Agostini, Claudio A. & Brown, Philip H. & Roman, Andrei C., 2010.
"Poverty and Inequality Among Ethnic Groups in Chile,"
Elsevier, vol. 38(7), pages 1036-1046, July.
- Claudio Agostini & Phillip Brown & Andrei Roman, 2008. "Poverty and Inequality among Ethnic Groups in Chile," ILADES-Georgetown University Working Papers inv205, Ilades-Georgetown University, Universidad Alberto Hurtado/School of Economics and Bussines.
- David Bravo & Dante Contreras & Sergio Urzúa, 2002. "Poverty and Inequality in Chile 1990-1998: Learning from Microeconomic Simulations," Working Papers wp198, University of Chile, Department of Economics.
- Cristóbal Huneeus & Andrea Repetto, 2005.
"The Dynamics of Earnings in Chile,"
Central Banking, Analysis, and Economic Policies Book Series,
in: Jorge Restrepo & Andrea Tokman R. & Norman Loayza (Series Editor) & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel (Series Edi (ed.), Labor Markets and Institutions, edition 1, volume 8, chapter 12, pages 383-410
Central Bank of Chile.
- Andrea Repetto & Cristobal Huneeus, 2004. "The Dynamics of Earnings in Chile," Econometric Society 2004 Latin American Meetings 251, Econometric Society.
- Cristóbal Huneeus & Andrea Repetto, 2004. "The Dynamics of Earnings in Chile," Documentos de Trabajo 183, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- Ramón E. López & Eugenio Figueroa B. & Pablo Gutiérrez C., 2013. "La ‘parte del león’: Nuevas estimaciones de la participación de los súper ricos en el ingreso de Chile," Working Papers wp379, University of Chile, Department of Economics.
- Leonardo Gasparini & Guillermo Cruces & Leopoldo Tornarolli & Mariana Marchionni, 2009. "A Turning Point? Recent Developments on Inequality in Latin America and the Caribbean," CEDLAS, Working Papers 0081, CEDLAS, Universidad Nacional de La Plata.
- Claudio Agostini & Phillip Brown & Andrei Roman, 2008. "Poverty Estimating Poverty for Indigenous Groups by Matching Census and Survey Data," ILADES-Georgetown University Working Papers inv207, Ilades-Georgetown University, Universidad Alberto Hurtado/School of Economics and Bussines.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jaime Casassus).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.