Poverty and Income Distribution in Chile: 1987-1998 New Evidence
AbstractThis paper presents an update on the poverty and income distribution situation in Chile during the 90s. The analysis shows unambiguously that there was less poverty between 1994 and 1998 than in all earlier years, whether poverty is measured by the headco
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile. in its journal Cuadernos de Economía-Latin American Journal of Economics.
Volume (Year): 38 (2001)
Issue (Month): 114 ()
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- H5 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies
- I3 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare and Poverty
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ramón E. López & Eugenio Figueroa B. & Pablo Gutiérrez C., 2013. "La ‘parte del león’: Nuevas estimaciones de la participación de los súper ricos en el ingreso de Chile," Working Papers wp379, University of Chile, Department of Economics.
- Leonardo Gasparini & Guillermo Cruces & Leopoldo Tornarolli & Mariana Marchionni, 2009. "A Turning Point? Recent Developments on Inequality in Latin America and the Caribbean," CEDLAS, Working Papers 0081, CEDLAS, Universidad Nacional de La Plata.
- Claudio Agostini & Phillip Brown & Andrei Roman, 2008. "Poverty Estimating Poverty for Indigenous Groups by Matching Census and Survey Data," ILADES-Georgetown University Working Papers inv207, Ilades-Georgetown University, Universidad Alberto Hurtado/School of Economics and Bussines.
- Claudio Agostini & Phillip Brown & Andrei Roman, 2008.
"Poverty and Inequality among Ethnic Groups in Chile,"
ILADES-Georgetown University Working Papers
inv205, Ilades-Georgetown University, Universidad Alberto Hurtado/School of Economics and Bussines.
- Agostini, Claudio A. & Brown, Philip H. & Roman, Andrei C., 2010. "Poverty and Inequality Among Ethnic Groups in Chile," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(7), pages 1036-1046, July.
- Claudio A. Agostini, & Philip H. Brown, & Andrei Roman, 2008. "Estimating Poverty for Indigenous Groups in Chile by Matching Census and Survey Data," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp932, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Amparo García).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.