Bidding for Contracts
AbstractIn a competitive procurement, a buyer seeks to institute a bidding and contracting procedure which selects the most efficient firm to undertake the contract while offering terms that promote risk sharing between buyer and contractor. This paper develops a model to analyze formally the trade-off between the objectives of risk sharing and efficient contractor selection.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by INFORMS in its journal Management Science.
Volume (Year): 32 (1986)
Issue (Month): 12 (December)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stephen Martin & John T. Scott, 1999.
"The Nature of Innovation Market Failure and the Design of Public Support for Private Innovation,"
CIE Discussion Papers
1999-02, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics. Centre for Industrial Economics.
- Martin, Stephen & Scott, John T., 2000. "The nature of innovation market failure and the design of public support for private innovation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(4-5), pages 437-447, April.
- Liu, Shulin & Li, Jun & Liu, De, 2012. "Multi-attribute procurement auctions with risk averse suppliers," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 115(3), pages 408-411.
- Lansdowne, Z. F., 1996. "Extensions of bidding theory: Concealed bidding, optimal number of bidders, and follow-on contracts," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 107-114, February.
- Paul, Anand & Gutierrez, Genaro, 2005. "Simple probability models for project contracting," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 165(2), pages 329-338, September.
- Ward, S. C. & Chapman, C. B., 1995. "Evaluating fixed price incentive contracts," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 49-62, February.
- Link, Albert N. & Scott, John T., 2001. "Public/private partnerships: stimulating competition in a dynamic market," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 763-794, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.