Scheduling a Project to Maximize Its Present Value: A Zero-One Programming Approach
AbstractA zero-one integer programming formulation of the project scheduling problem is reported which maximizes the discounted value of cash flows in a project when progress payments and cash outflows are made upon the completion of certain activities. While this problem has been treated previously, it has not been addressed in a manner which allows for the type of constraints treated in this paper. And while cash can be treated as any other resource in the noncash flow, resource-constrained version of this problem, the effects of cash inflows and outflows and the time sequencing alternatives for them allow for a different treatment of cash resources than has been previously reported.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by INFORMS in its journal Management Science.
Volume (Year): 23 (1977)
Issue (Month): 8 (April)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mika, Marek & Waligora, Grzegorz & Weglarz, Jan, 2005. "Simulated annealing and tabu search for multi-mode resource-constrained project scheduling with positive discounted cash flows and different payment models," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 164(3), pages 639-668, August.
- Ulusoy, Gunduz & Ozdamar, Linet, 1996. "A framework for an interactive project scheduling system under limited resources," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 90(2), pages 362-375, April.
- He, Zhengwen & Liu, Renjing & Jia, Tao, 2012. "Metaheuristics for multi-mode capital-constrained project payment scheduling," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 223(3), pages 605-613.
- Herroelen, Willy S. & Van Dommelen, Patrick & Demeulemeester, Erik L., 1997. "Project network models with discounted cash flows a guided tour through recent developments," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 100(1), pages 97-121, July.
- Vanhoucke, Mario & Demeulemeester, Erik & Herroelen, Willy, 2003. "Progress payments in project scheduling problems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 148(3), pages 604-620, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.