Bond market development and integration in ASEAN
AbstractThe Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) has focused increasingly on financial integration as part of its economic-deepening agenda. This paper considers the challenges and opportunities associated with the creation of an ASEAN bond market. In addition to surveying the status quo of fixed-income markets in the context of capital market development and integration in the region, the paper gauges the benefits that might be generated through, inter alia, financial market diversification and interest rate convergence. It also addresses approaches to the inevitable liquidity problem, such as via the creation of an ASEAN currency basket. Copyright © 2005 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. in its journal International Journal of Finance & Economics.
Volume (Year): 10 (2005)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.interscience.wiley.com/jpages/1076-9307/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ojah, Kalu & Pillay, Kishan, 2009. "Debt markets and corporate debt structure in an emerging market: The South African example," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 1215-1227, November.
- Qin, Duo & Cagas, Marie Anne & Ducanes, Geoffrey & Magtibay-Ramos, Nedelyn & Quising, Pilipinas F., 2007. "Measuring Regional Market Integration in Developing Asia: a Dynamic Factor Error Correction Model (DF-ECM) Approach," Working Papers on Regional Economic Integration 8, Asian Development Bank.
- Plummer, Michael G., 2006. "ASEAN-EU economic relationship: Integration and lessons for the ASEAN economic community," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 427-447, June.
- Abdul Karim, Bakri & Abdul Majid, M. Shabri & Abdul Karim, Samsul Ariffin, 2009. "Financial Integration between Indonesia and Its Major Trading Partners," MPRA Paper 17277, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Duo Qin & Marie Anne Cagas & Geoffrey Ducanes & Nedelyn Magtibay-Ramos & Pilipinas F. Quising, 2006. "Measuring Regional Market Integration by Dynamic Factor Error Correction Model (DF-ECM) Approach - The Case of Developing Asia," Working Papers 565, Queen Mary, University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- Clifford R Dammers & Robert N McCauley, 2006. "Basket weaving: the euromarket experience with basket currency bonds," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, March.
- Watanabe, Shingo & Ogura, Masanobu, 2010. "How far apart are the two ACUs from each other? Asian currency unit and Asian currency union," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 152-172, June.
- Johansson, Anders C., 2008. "Interdependencies among Asian bond markets," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 101-116, April.
- Plummer, Michael G. & Click, Reid W., 2006.
"The ASEAN Economic Community and the European experience,"
HWWI Research Papers
2-4, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWI).
- Plummer, Michael G., 2006. "The ASEAN Economic Community and the European Experience," Working Papers on Regional Economic Integration 1, Asian Development Bank.
- Sánchez, Marcelo, 2005. "Is time ripe for a currency union in emerging East Asia? The role of monetary stabilisation," Working Paper Series 0567, European Central Bank.
- Peter B. Kenen & Ellen E. Meade, 2006. "Monetary integration in East Asia," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Jun.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.