Firm Management Competence: Does It Matter?
AbstractThis study explores the influence of financial leverage and of management competence on firm performance using a sample of 102 listed firms in the Athens Stock Exchange. It is found that leverage contributes significantly to sales growth, stock returns, and profitability due to management competence.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by College of Business, and College of Finance, Feng Chia University, Taichung, Taiwan in its journal International Journal of Business and Economics.
Volume (Year): 7 (2008)
Issue (Month): 2 (August)
management competence; leverage; Athens Stock Exchange;
Other versions of this item:
- C33 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- L25 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Performance
- M12 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - Personnel Management; Executives; Executive Compensation
- M21 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Economics - - - Business Economics
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jensen, Michael C, 1986. "Agency Costs of Free Cash Flow, Corporate Finance, and Takeovers," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(2), pages 323-29, May.
- Hossein Asgharian, 2003. "Are highly leveraged firms more sensitive to an economic downturn?," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(3), pages 219-241.
- Klevmarken, N. Anders, 1989. "Introduction," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(2-3), pages 523-529, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Yi-Ju Su).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.