An Intertemporal Pasinettian Model with Government Sector
AbstractThis paper analyses the relevance of the Cambridge equation in the presence of government when the assumption of fixed savings is relaxed. We consider an intertemporal representative agent model with Pasinettian features. The results are: (i) the equilibrium distribution of income between wages and profits, as stated by the Cambridge equation, is not affected by the occurrence of sustained deficits or surpluses, (ii) the rate of profit is not determined by the Cambridge equation, and (iii) only taxation on profits affects the profit rate and, as a consequence, capital accumulation, wages, and output.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by College of Business, and College of Finance, Feng Chia University, Taichung, Taiwan in its journal International Journal of Business and Economics.
Volume (Year): 3 (2004)
Issue (Month): 3 (December)
intertemporal choice; factor income distribution;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D91 - Microeconomics - - Intertemporal Choice and Growth - - - Intertemporal Consumer Choice; Life Cycle Models and Saving
- D33 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Factor Income Distribution
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- F. H. Fleck & C.-M. Domenghino, 1990. "Government Activity Does Invalidate the "Cambridge Theorem of the Rate of Profit"," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 12(3), pages 487-497, April.
- Baranzini, Mauro, 1991. "A Theory of Wealth Distribution and Accumulation," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198233138.
- Faria, Joao Ricardo & Teixeira, Joanilio Rodolpho, 1999. "Growth and Stability in a Model with Pasinettian Saving Behaviour and Neoclassical Technology," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 67(1), pages 111-21, January.
- Pasinetti, Luigi L, 1989. "Ricardian Debt/Taxation Equivalence in the Kaldor Theory of Profits and Income Distribution," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(1), pages 25-36, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jui-Fen Lin).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.