Productivity Change in the Telecommunications Industries of 13 OECD Countries
AbstractThis paper focuses on the evolution of productivity in the telecommunications industries for 13 OECD countries over the period 1979-1998. It uses Data Envelopment Analysis, a non-parametric approach that allows decompositions of changes in productivity into varia-tions in efficiency and technical change. Moreover, it tests the existence of convergence in labor and total factor productivity levels among the 13 OECD countries by means of a cross-section technique.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by College of Business, and College of Finance, Feng Chia University, Taichung, Taiwan in its journal International Journal of Business and Economics.
Volume (Year): 1 (2002)
Issue (Month): 3 (December)
labor productivity; total factor productivity; data envelopment analysis; convergence;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Koski, Heli A. & Majumdar, Sumit K., 2000. "Convergence in telecommunications infrastructure development in OECD countries," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 111-131, June.
- Bernard, Andrew B & Jones, Charles I, 1996. "Comparing Apples to Oranges: Productivity Convergence and Measurement across Industries and Countries," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(5), pages 1216-38, December.
- Madden, Gary G & Savage, Scott J, 1999.
"Telecommunications productivity, catch-up and innovation,"
11448, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Madden, Gary & Savage, Scott J., 1999. "Telecommunications productivity, catch-up and innovation," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 65-81, February.
- Ferenc Kiss & Bernard Lefebvre, 1987. "Econometric models of telecommunications firms : a survey," Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, vol. 38(2), pages 307-374.
- Wolff, Edward N, 1991. "Capital Formation and Productivity Convergence over the Long Term," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(3), pages 565-79, June.
- Chang, Kuo-Ping, 1999. "Measuring efficiency with quasiconcave production frontiers," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 115(3), pages 497-506, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Yi-Ju Su).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.