Is Functional Separation BT-Style the Answer?
AbstractThis paper focuses on functional separation. After recounting the circumstances that culminated in the imposition of functional separation within the UK, the paper highlights the difficulties that have been encountered subsequent to the creation of Openreach. Functional separation developments outside the UK are then described and doubts raised as to whether the Openreach model is appropriate for other markets.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by IDATE, Com&Strat dept. in its journal Communications & Strategies.
Volume (Year): 1 (2008)
Issue (Month): 71 (3rd quarter)
Openreach; functional separation; UK.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L19 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Other
- L96 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Telecommunications
- D78 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Positive Analysis of Policy Formulation and Implementation
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bijl, P.W.J. de & Peitz, M., 2005.
"Local Loop Unbundling in Europe: Experience, Prospects and Policy Challenges,"
2005-008, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- de Bijl, Paul W.J. & Peitz, Martin, 2005. "Local Loop Unbundling in Europe: Experience, Prospects and Policy Challenges," MPRA Paper 2511, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- de Bijl, Paul W.J. & Peitz, Martin, 2005. "Local Loop Unbundling in Europe: Experience, Prospects and Policy Challenges," MPRA Paper 2441, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mariana Cunha & Paula Sarmento, 2012.
"Does Vertical Integration Promote Downstream Incomplete Collusion? An Evaluation of Static and Dynamic Stability,"
FEP Working Papers
465, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Mariana Cunha & Paula Sarmento, 2014. "Does Vertical Integration Promote Downstream Incomplete Collusion? An Evaluation of Static and Dynamic Stability," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 14(1), pages 1-38, March.
- Harnisch, Christian, 2009. "Funktionale Separierung als strategisches Regulierungsinstrument auf dem europäischen Telekommunikationsmarkt," Arbeitspapiere 83, Westfälsche Wilhelms-Universität Münster (WWU), Institut für Genossenschaftswesen.
- Isabel Soares & Paula Sarmento, 2012. "Unbundling in the Telecommunications and the Electricity Sectors: How Far should it Go?," European Research Studies Journal, European Research Studies Journal, vol. 0(Special I), pages 157-194.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (BLAVIER Thomas).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.