Is Functional Separation BT-Style the Answer?
AbstractThis paper focuses on functional separation. After recounting the circumstances that culminated in the imposition of functional separation within the UK, the paper highlights the difficulties that have been encountered subsequent to the creation of Openreach. Functional separation developments outside the UK are then described and doubts raised as to whether the Openreach model is appropriate for other markets.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by IDATE, Com&Strat dept. in its journal Communications & Strategies.
Volume (Year): 1 (2008)
Issue (Month): 71 (3rd quarter)
Openreach; functional separation; UK.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L19 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Other
- L96 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Telecommunications
- D78 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Positive Analysis of Policy-Making and Implementation
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- de Bijl, Paul W.J. & Peitz, Martin, 2005.
"Local Loop Unbundling in Europe: Experience, Prospects and Policy Challenges,"
2511, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bijl, P.W.J. de & Peitz, M., 2005. "Local Loop Unbundling in Europe: Experience, Prospects and Policy Challenges," Discussion Paper 2005-008, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- de Bijl, Paul W.J. & Peitz, Martin, 2005. "Local Loop Unbundling in Europe: Experience, Prospects and Policy Challenges," MPRA Paper 2441, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Harnisch, Christian, 2009. "Funktionale Separierung als strategisches Regulierungsinstrument auf dem europäischen Telekommunikationsmarkt," Arbeitspapiere 83, Westfälsche Wilhelms-Universität Münster (WWU), Institut für Genossenschaftswesen.
- Isabel Soares & Paula Sarmento, 2012. "Unbundling in the Telecommunications and the Electricity Sectors: How Far should it Go?," European Research Studies Journal, European Research Studies Journal, vol. 0(Special I), pages 157-194.
- Mariana Cunha & Paula Sarmento, 2012. "Does Vertical Integration Promote Downstream Incomplete Collusion? An Evaluation of Static and Dynamic Stability," FEP Working Papers 465, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (BLAVIER Thomas).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.