The Role of Information Technology on Stock Market Development
AbstractThe purpose of this paper is improvement of technology concepts, understanding, traditional and electronic stock trading. This paper illustrates the role of information technology on capital market development. Appropriate applying of IT will be stake for developing electronic trading processes. No doubt, the cultural, understanding IT concepts and applying of this will increase stock market efficiency. In this paper have been tried to examine the role of IT on stock market development with review of research literature and prior researches. In the end of article, after explain of prior researchers findings have been presented the solutions for IT development in stock market.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Human Resource Management Academic Research Society, International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences in its journal International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences.
Volume (Year): 3 (2013)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://hrmars.com/index.php/pages/detail/Accounting-Finance-Journal
Information technology; stock market; development indicators;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bart Hobijn & Boyan Jovanovic, 2000. "The information technology revolution and the stock market: preliminary evidence," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Apr.
- Bart Hobijn & Boyan Jovanovic, 2000.
"The Information Technology Revolution and the Stock Market: Evidence,"
NBER Working Papers
7684, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bart Hobijn & Boyan Jovanovic, 2001. "The Information-Technology Revolution and the Stock Market: Evidence," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(5), pages 1203-1220, December.
- Singh, Ajit & Singh, Alaka & Wiesse, Bruce, 2000.
"Information technology, venture capital and the stock market,"
53718, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Singh, Ajit & Singh, Alaka & Wiess, Bruce, 2000. "Information Technology, Venture Capital and the Stock Market," Accounting and Finance Discussion Papers 00-af47, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Ross Levine, 1997.
"Financial Development and Economic Growth: Views and Agenda,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 35(2), pages 688-726, June.
- Levine, Ross, 1996. "Financial development and economic growth : views and agenda," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1678, The World Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Hassan Danial Aslam).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.