Segregación Ocupacional En España, Una Perspectiva Territorial
AbstractIn this paper we analyze the trend of the occupational segregation by sex in Spain in recent years, centering our discussion particularly in the degree of territorial homogeneity. We conclude that in Spain there has been an increase in segregation, with a clear persistence in the different autonomous regions. They show important differences in the form of female insertion in the labor market due to divergences in their economic activities. Classification-JEL : J16, J21, J71
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by IEF in its journal Hacienda Pública Española/Revista de Economía Pública.
Volume (Year): 159 (2001)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Occupational segregation; job; gender; autonomous regions;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J16 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Gender; Non-labor Discrimination
- J21 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Force and Employment, Size, and Structure
- J71 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor Discrimination - - - Hiring and Firing
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Coral del Río & Olga Alonso-Villar, 2009.
"Gender segregation in the Spanish labor market: An alternative approach,"
0904, Universidade de Vigo, Departamento de Economía Aplicada.
- Coral Río & Olga Alonso-Villar, 2010. "Gender Segregation in the Spanish Labor Market: An Alternative Approach," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 98(2), pages 337-362, September.
- Olga Alonso-Villar & Coral del Río, 2009. "Industrial segregation of female and male workers in Spain," Working Papers 0905, Universidade de Vigo, Departamento de Economía Aplicada.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Olga Cantó Sánchez) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Olga Cantó Sánchez to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.