Measuring Core Inflation in Italy
AbstractIn this paper the long-run trend in CPI inflation (core inflation) for Italy is estimate over the 1962-1997 period within the frame work of a multivariate common trends model. In this framework core inflation is directly linked to money and wage growth and interpreted as the long-run forecast of inflation. This measure displays several desirable properties: lower variability than observed inflation, forecasting power, robustness to the estimation sample and economic interpretability.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by GDE (Giornale degli Economisti e Annali di Economia), Bocconi University in its journal Giornale degli Economisti e Annali di Economia.
Volume (Year): 58 (1999)
Issue (Month): 3-4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: via Sarfatti, 25 - 20136 Milano (Italy)
Web page: http://www.gde.unibocconi.it/
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Morana, Claudio, 2004.
"A structural common factor approach to core inflation estimation and forecasting,"
Working Paper Series
0305, European Central Bank.
- Claudio Morana, 2007. "A structural common factor approach to core inflation estimation and forecasting," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(3), pages 163-169.
- Martha Misas Arango & Enrique López Enciso & Juana Téllez Corredor & José Fernando Escobar, .
"La Inflación Subyacente en Colombia: Un Enfoque de Tendencias Estocásticas Comunes Asociadas a un VEC Estructural,"
Borradores de Economia
324, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Martha Misas A>rango & Enrique López Enciso & Juana Téllez Corredor & José Fernando Escobar Restrepo, 2005. "La Inflación Subyacente En Colombia: Un Enfoque De Tendencias Estocásticas Comunes Asociadas A Un Vec Estructural," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 003026, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Cassola, Nuno & Morana, Claudio, 2004.
"Monetary policy and the stock market in the euro area,"
Journal of Policy Modeling,
Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 387-399, April.
- Cassola, Nuno & Morana, Claudio, 2002. "Monetary policy and the stock market in the euro area," Working Paper Series 0119, European Central Bank.
- Claudio Morana, 2003. "Long-Run Growth and Income Distribution: Evidence for Italy and the US," Giornale degli Economisti, GDE (Giornale degli Economisti e Annali di Economia), Bocconi University, vol. 62(2), pages 171-210, October.
- Morana, Claudio, 2000. "Measuring core inflation in the euro area," Working Paper Series 0036, European Central Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Erika Somma).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.