Equity Valuation in the Czech Voucher Privatization Auctions
AbstractThis is a study of the determinants of share pricing and demand in the path-breaking Czech voucher-based multiple-round mass privatization auction. The results presented here document that share valuation and demand in this auction were based on firm characteristics such as return on sales, sales growth, and ownership structure in the early rounds. However, such information declined in importance while auction results on share prices and trading volumes from prior rounds increased in importance as determinants of share prices and demand in later rounds. While share prices overshot or undershot in the early rounds, by round four they had stabilized and the market cleared successfully by the fifth and final round. These results are new evidence on the price discovery process in the Czech privatization auction and confirm the success of this auction in the efficient pricing and equitable distribution of enterprise shares.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Financial Management Association in its journal Financial Management.
Volume (Year): 29 (2000)
Issue (Month): 4 (Winter)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: University of South Florida 4202 E. Fowler Ave. COBA #3331 Tampa, FL 33620
Web page: http://www.fma.org/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lyn, Esmeralda O. & Zychowicz, Edward J., 2003. "The performance of new equity offerings in Hungary and Poland," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 181-195, July.
- Evžen Kocenda & Jan Hanousek, 2009.
"State Ownership and Control in the Czech Republic,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
2801, CESifo Group Munich.
- Elena Yusupova, 2006. "Information Asymmetry, Share Mispricing and the Coordination Problem: Investor Portfolio Choice in Czech Voucher Privatization," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp301, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economic Institute, Prague.
- Harper, Joel T., 2002. "The performance of privatized firms in the Czech Republic," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 621-649, April.
- Jan Hanousek & Evzen Kocenda, 2005. "Learning by Bidding: Evidence from a Large-Scale Natural Experiment," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp247, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economic Institute, Prague.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Courtney Connors) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Courtney Connors to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.