Deposit insurance creates a need for bank regulation
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia in its journal Business Review.
Volume (Year): (1982)
Issue (Month): Jan/Feb ()
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Simon Kwan & Robert Eisenbeis, 1997. "Bank Risk, Capitalization, and Operating Efficiency," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, vol. 12(2), pages 117-131, October.
- Gilbert, R. Alton & Vaughan, Mark D., 2001.
"Do depositors care about enforcement actions?,"
Journal of Economics and Business,
Elsevier, vol. 53(2-3), pages 283-311.
- R. Alton Gilbert & Andrew P. Meyer & Mark D. Vaughan, 1999. "The role of supervisory screens and econometric models in off-site surveillance," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Nov, pages 31-56.
- Goldberg, Lawrence G. & Hudgins, Sylvia C., 2002. "Depositor discipline and changing strategies for regulating thrift institutions," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 263-274, February.
- Armen Hovakimian & Edward J. Kane, 1996. "Risk-Shifting by Federally Insured Commercial Banks," NBER Working Papers 5711, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Maximilian Hall, 1999. "Deposit Insurance Reform in Japan: Better Late Than Never?," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 211-242, May.
- James R. Barth & R. Dan Brumbaugh Jr., . "Financing Prosperity in the Next Century, The Changing World of Banking: Setting the Regulatory Agenda," Economics Public Policy Brief Archive 8, Levy Economics Institute.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Beth Paul).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.