The emerging role of banks in e-commerce
AbstractHow is the banking industry responding to the rapid development of on-line commerce? Evidence suggests that many banks are beginning to deliver credit and deposit products electronically. In addition, some large banks are developing products designed exclusively for e-commerce. As banks venture into the electronic arena, however, they are finding that new opportunities bring new operational and strategic risks.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Federal Reserve Bank of New York in its journal Current Issues in Economics and Finance.
Volume (Year): 6 (2000)
Issue (Month): Mar ()
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- John Wenninger, 1999. "Business-to-business electronic commerce," Current Issues in Economics and Finance, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, vol. 5(Jun).
- Bojidar Bojinov, 2003. "The Bulgarian Banks' competitiveness: the case of Remote banking," Finance 0310012, EconWPA.
- Bojidar Bojinov, 2003. "What Bulgarian Banks offer via Internet: an Overview (v2)," Finance 0310014, EconWPA.
- Lin, Jyh-Horng & Jou, Rosemary, 2005. "Financial e-commerce under capital regulation and deposit insurance," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 115-128.
- Bojidar Bojinov, 2003. "What Bulgarian Banks offer via Internet: an Overview," Finance 0310011, EconWPA.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Amy Farber).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.