Required clearing balances
AbstractA description of the little-known rules governing the holding of required clearing balances at the Federal Reserve Banks, a look at the growing popularity of this relatively new phenomenon, and an analysis of its impact on the setting and measuring of monetary policy.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland in its journal Economic Review.
Volume (Year): (1993)
Issue (Month): Q IV ()
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- William Poole, 1968. "Commercial Bank Reserve Management In A Stochastic Model: Implications For Monetary Policy," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 23(5), pages 769-791, December.
- Michelle R. Garfinkel & Daniel L. Thornton, 1991. "Alternative measures of the monetary base: what are the differences and are they important?," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Nov, pages 19-35.
- Paul Spindt & Vefa Tarhan, 1978. "The liquidity structure adjustment decision of large money center banks," Special Studies Papers 121, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- E.J. Stevens, 1989. "Removing the hazard of Fedwire daylight overdrafts," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Q II, pages 2-10.
- Douglas D. Evanoff, 1989. "Reserve account management behavior: impact of the reserve accounting scheme and carry forward provision," Working Paper Series, Issues in Financial Regulation 89-12, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Richard G. Anderson & Robert H. Rasche, 1996. "Measuring the adjusted monetary base in an era of financial change," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Nov, pages 3-37.
- E.J. Stevens, 1995. "Defining the monetary base in a deregulated financial system," Working Paper 9514, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Paul Bennett & Spence Hilton, 1997. "Falling reserve balances and the federal funds rate," Current Issues in Economics and Finance, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, vol. 3(May).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lee Faulhaber).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.