Transparency in Financial Statements (IAS/IFRS)
AbstractThe provision of transparent and useful information on market partici-pants and their transaction is essential for an orderly and efficient market, and it is one of the most important preconditions for imposing market discipline. Left to themselves, markets may not generate sufficient levels of disclosure. Market forces would normally balance the marginal benefits and marginal costs of addi-tional information disclosure and the end result may not be what the market par-ticipants really need.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by European Research Studies Journal in its journal European Research Studies Journal.
Volume (Year): XII (2009)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.ersj.eu/
Financial statements; balance sheet; income statements; cash flow statement; IAS/IFRS;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- M41 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Accounting - - - Accounting
- M42 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Accounting - - - Auditing
- H83 - Public Economics - - Miscellaneous Issues - - - Public Administration
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Eleftherios THALASSINOS, 2008. "Trends and Developments in the European Financial Sector," European Financial and Accounting Journal, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2008(3), pages 44-61.
- Panayiotis Curtis & Jonh Thalassinos, 2005. "Equity fund raising and “creative” accounting practices: Indications from Athens Stock Exchange for the 1999-2000 period," European Research Studies Journal, European Research Studies Journal, vol. 0(1-2), pages 127-.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Eleni Giannakopoulou).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.