SME’s Views on the Adoption and Application of “IFRS for SMEs” in Turkey
AbstractTurkey is one of the countries that have debates on the necessary arrangements and preparations before the adoption of “International Financial Reporting Standard for Small and Mid-sized Entities” which was issued in July 2009 by International Accounting Standards Board. In the adoption process, the views of different parties should be sought and the steps should be taken very carefully. This study aims to bring to light the views of small and medium-sized entities (SMEs) which are the most important party in these debates and which will be affected from the adoption most. The objectives of this study are to determine the current structure of SME accounting and financial reporting, the views of SMEs on the adoption and application of the standard and the possible variables that might be affecting SMEs’ thoughts. 216 SMEs participated to the research by filling up a questionnaire, and the results show that SMEs support the adoption of the new standard, they want it to be elective, rather than compulsory, and even if it is elective, most of the respondents are eager to apply it.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by European Research Studies Journal in its journal European Research Studies Journal.
Volume (Year): XIII (2010)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.ersj.eu/
SMEs; IFRS for SMEs; Financial Reporting in Turkey;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C42 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Survey Methods
- M10 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - General
- M41 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Accounting - - - Accounting
- M42 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Accounting - - - Auditing
- M48 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Accounting - - - Government Policy and Regulation
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- מחקר - ביטוח לאומי, 2009. "Annual Survey 2008," Working Papers 18, National Insurance Institute of Israel.
- Joshi, Prem Lal & Ramadhan, Sayel, 2002. "The adoption of international accounting standards by small and closely held companies: evidence from Bahrain," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 429-440.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Eleni Giannakopoulou).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.