Veinte años de estancamiento en la distribución del ingreso de las familias Mexicanas. Un enfoque de microdatos
AbstractThis paper presents the evolution of family income in the Mexican economy during the period 1984-2004, in which Mexico registered an important structural change. The analysis is based on microdata and inequality indexes. Once obtained the family income, was possible to identify which families improved and which families lost positions on the distribution income. Even though the whole families increased their incomes, the income growth rate was more dynamic for the well off families. Thus, the worse income distribution has showed the low effectiveness of public distributive policies.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Universidad Autonoma de Nuevo Leon, Facultad de Economia in its journal Ensayos Revista de Economia.
Volume (Year): XXVIII (2009)
Issue (Month): 1 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Avenida Lazaro Cardenas 4600 Ote., Fraccionamiento Residencial Las Torres, C.P. 64930. Monterrey, Nuevo Leon. México.
Phone: +52 (81) 8329 4150
Fax: +52 (81) 8342 2897
Web page: http://www.economia.uanl.mx
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- I30 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Moore, Robert E., 1996. "Ranking income distributions using the Geometric Mean and a related general measure," MPRA Paper 10171, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:idb:brikps:52598 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dardanoni, Valentino & Lambert, Peter J., 2002. "Progressivity comparisons," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 86(1), pages 99-122, October.
- Irene Perrote & Juan Gabriel Rodríguez & Rafael Salas, 2001. "A non-parametric decomposition of redistribution into vertical and horizontal components," Documentos de trabajo de la Facultad de Ciencias EconÃ³micas y Empresariales 01-07, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales.
- Jean-Yves Duclos, 2000. "Gini Indices and the Redistribution of Income," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer, vol. 7(2), pages 141-162, March.
- Guillermo E. Perry & Omar S. Arias & J. Humberto López & William F. Maloney & Luis Servén, 2006. "Poverty Reduction and Growth : Virtuous and Vicious Circles," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6997, October.
- Shorrocks, Anthony F, 1983. "Ranking Income Distributions," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 50(197), pages 3-17, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dora María Vega Facio).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.