Poverty Reduction and Growth : Virtuous and Vicious Circles
AbstractPoverty Reduction and Growth is about the existence of these vicious circles in Latin America and the Caribbean about the ways and means to convert them into virtuous circles in which poverty reduction and high growth reinforce each other. This publication is organized as follows: Chapter 1: From vicious to virtuous circle; Chapter 2: Dimensions of well-being, channels to growth; Chapter 3: How did we get here? Chapter 4: The relative roles of growth and inequality for poverty reduction; Chapter 5: Pro-poor growth in Latin America; Chapter 6: Does poverty matter for growth? Chapter 7: Subnational dimensions of growth and poverty; Chapter 8: Microdeterminants of incomes: labor markets, poverty, and traps?; and Chapter 9: Breaking the cycle of underinvestment in human capital in Latin America.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by The World Bank in its series World Bank Publications with number 6997 and published in 2006.
Economic Theory and Research Labor Management and Relations Work and Working Conditions Labor Markets Labor Standards;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- World Bank, 2009. "Guatemala - Poverty assessment : good performance at low levels," World Bank Other Operational Studies 3063, The World Bank.
- Alvaro Forteza & Ianina Rossi, 2009.
"The contribution of government transfer programs to inequality. A net-benefit approach,"
Journal of Applied Economics,
Universidad del CEMA, vol. 0, pages 55-67, May.
- Alvaro Forteza & Ianina Rossi, 2006. "The contribution of government transfer programs to inequality.A net-benefit approach," Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) 0606, Department of Economics - dECON.
- Puyana, Alicia, 2011. "Economic growth, employment and poverty reduction : a comparative analysis of Chile and Mexico," ILO Working Papers 462962, International Labour Organization.
- World Bank, 2009. "Mexico - Improving Productivity for the Urban Poor," World Bank Other Operational Studies 3047, The World Bank.
- Nora Lustig, 2011.
"Commitment to Equity Assessment (CEQ): A Diagnostic Framework to Assess Governments' Fiscal Policies Handbook,"
1122, Tulane University, Department of Economics.
- Nora Lustig, 2011. "Commitment to Equity Assessment (CEQ). A diagnostic framework to assess governments’ fiscal policies. Handbook," Working Papers 212, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Nora Lustig, 2011. "Commitment to Equity Assessment (CEQ) A Diagnostic Framework to Assess Governments' Fiscal Policies Handbook," Working Papers 1119, Tulane University, Department of Economics.
- Gray Molina, George & Yañez, Ernesto, 2009. "The Moving Middle: Migration, Place Premiums and Human Development in Bolivia," MPRA Paper 19229, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Buzaglo, Jorge & Calzadilla, Alvaro, 2010.
"La pobreza y las clases: Dinámicas y estrategias en Bolivia
[Poverty and class: Dynamics and strategies in Bolivia]," MPRA Paper 28750, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- World Bank, 2007. "Costa Rica Poverty Assessment : Recapturing Momentum for Poverty Reduction," World Bank Other Operational Studies 7678, The World Bank.
- Pablo Fajnzylber & J. Humberto López, 2008. "Remittances and Development : Lessons from Latin America," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6911, October.
- Stefan Dercon & Joseph S. Shapiro, 2007. "Moving On, Staying Behind, Getting Lost: Lessons on poverty mobility from longitudinal data," Economics Series Working Papers GPRG-WPS-075, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Laura Capera & Andrés Murcia Pabón & Dairo Estrada, . "Efectos de los Límites a las Tasas de Interés sobre la Profundización Financiera," Temas de Estabilidad Financiera 057, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Margaret Grosh & Carlo del Ninno & Emil Tesliuc & Azedine Ouerghi, 2008. "For Protection and Promotion : The Design and Implementation of Effective Safety Nets," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6582, October.
- Kendrick, Neil, 2013. "Educação para todos –“free to those who can afford it”: human capital and inequality persistence in 21st c Brazil," MPRA Paper 49531, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- World Bank, 2007. "Economic Performance in Latin America and the Caribbean : A Microeconomic Perspective, Volume 1. Main Findings," World Bank Other Operational Studies 7851, The World Bank.
- Pierella Paci & Erwin R. Tiongson & Mateusz Walewski & Jacek Liwinski & Maria M. Stoilkova, 2007. "Internal Labor Mobility in Central Europe and the Baltic Region," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6598, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Breineder).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.