Impact of Devaluation on Trade Balance in Pakistan
AbstractThe purpose of this paper is to find the impact of devaluation on trade balance in Pakistan in both long and short run using bound testing approach to Cointegration and Error Correction Mechanism (ECM). The result shows that devaluation is effective in improving trade balance and there is a cointegrated relationship between the real effective exchange rate and trade balance in the long run.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Saphira Publishing House in its journal Oeconomics of Knowledge.
Volume (Year): 3 (2011)
Issue (Month): 3 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O5 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Upadhyaya, Kamal P., 1999. "Currency devaluation, aggregate output, and the long run: an empirical study," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 197-202, August.
- Thanh, Nguyen Ngoc & Kalirajan, Kaliappa, 2006. "Can devaluation be effective in improving the balance of payments in Vietnam?," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 467-476, May.
- Halicioglu, Ferda, 2008.
"The J-Curve Dynamics of Turkey: An Application of ARDL Model,"
6824, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ferda Halicioglu, 2008. "The J-curve dynamics of Turkey: an application of ARDL model," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(18), pages 2423-2429.
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Yongcheol Shin & Richard J. Smith, 2001. "Bounds testing approaches to the analysis of level relationships," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 289-326.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Felician ALECU).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.