Aid, Government Expenditure, and Aggregate Welfare
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 33 (2005)
Issue (Month): 3 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Heltberg, Rasmus & Simler, Kenneth & Tarp, Finn, 2003.
"Public spending and poverty in Mozambique,"
FCND discussion papers
167, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Heltberg, Rasmus & Simler, Kenneth & Tarp, Finn, 2003. "Public spending and poverty in Mozambique," FCND briefs 167, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Heltberg, Rasmus & Simler, Kenneth & Tarp, Finn, 2001. "Public Spending and Poverty in Mozambique," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Gupta, Sanjeev & Verhoeven, Marijn & Tiongson, Erwin R., 2002. "The effectiveness of government spending on education and health care in developing and transition economies," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 717-737, November.
- Boone, Peter, 1996. "Politics and the effectiveness of foreign aid," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 289-329, February.
- David Dollar & Craig Burnside, 2000.
"Aid, Policies, and Growth,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 90(4), pages 847-868, September.
- Castro-Leal, Florencia & Dayton, Julia & Demery, Lionel & Mehra, Kalpana, 1999. "Public Social Spending in Africa: Do the Poor Benefit?," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 14(1), pages 49-72, February.
- Lanjouw, Peter & Ravallion, Martin, 1999. "Benefit Incidence, Public Spending Reforms, and the Timing of Program Capture," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 13(2), pages 257-73, May.
- Hansen, Henrik & Tarp, Finn, 2001. "Aid and growth regressions," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 547-570, April.
- Paul Mosley & John Hudson & Arjan Verschoor, 2004. "Aid, Poverty Reduction and the 'New Conditionality'," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 114(496), pages F217-F243, 06.
- Shantayanan Devarajan & Ritva Reinikka, 2004. "Making Services Work for Poor People," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 13(1), pages i142-i166, July.
- Gomanee, Karuna & Girma, Sourafel & Morrissey, Oliver, 2005.
"Aid and Growth in Sub-Saharan Africa: Accounting for Transmission Mechanisms,"
Working Paper Series
RP2005/60, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Karuna Gomanee & Sourafel Girma & Oliver Morrissey, 2005. "Aid and growth in Sub-Saharan Africa: accounting for transmission mechanisms," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(8), pages 1055-1075.
- Okada, Keisuke & Samreth, Sovannroeun, 2011.
"The effect of foreign aid on corruption: A quantile regression approach,"
27969, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Okada, Keisuke & Samreth, Sovannroeun, 2012. "The effect of foreign aid on corruption: A quantile regression approach," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 115(2), pages 240-243.
- Paul Clist & Alessia Isopi & Oliver Morrissey, .
"Selectivity on Aid Modality: Determinants of Budget Support from Multilateral Donors,"
11/01, University of Nottingham, CREDIT.
- Paul Clist & Alessia Isopi & Oliver Morrissey, 2012. "Selectivity on aid modality: Determinants of budget support from multilateral donors," The Review of International Organizations, Springer, vol. 7(3), pages 267-284, September.
- Mesplé-Somps, Sandrine & Gubert, Flore & Chauvet, Lisa, 2010.
"Are Remittances More Effective Than Aid to Reduce Child Mortality? An Empirical Assessment Using Inter and Intra-Country Data,"
Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine
123456789/4301, Paris Dauphine University.
- Lisa Chauvet & Flore Gubert & Sandrine Mesplé-Somps, 2009. "Are Remittances More Effective Than Aid To Reduce Child Mortality? An Empirical Assessment using Inter and Intra-Country Data," Working Papers DT/2009/11, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Wilson, Sven E., 2011. "Chasing Success: Health Sector Aid and Mortality," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(11), pages 2032-2043.
- Osei, Robert & Morrissey, Oliver & Lloyd, Tim, 2005.
"The Fiscal Effects of Aid in Ghana,"
Working Paper Series
RP2005/61, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Temple, Jonathan R.W., 2010. "Aid and Conditionality," Handbook of Development Economics, Elsevier.
- Charles Kenny, 2009. "There's more to life than money: Exploring the levels|growth paradox in income and health," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(1), pages 24-41.
- Arjan Verschoor & Adriaan Kalwij, 2006. "Aid, social policies and pro-poor growth," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(4), pages 519-532.
- José María, Larrú, 2012.
"La relación entre la ayuda al desarrollo y la desigualdad. Evidencia y justificación teórica
[Aid and inequality relationship. Evidence and theoretical justification]," MPRA Paper 38857, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jung, Suhyun & Cho, Seong-Hoon & Roberts, Roland K., 2009. "Public Expenditure and Poverty Reduction in the Southern United States," 2009 Annual Meeting, January 31-February 3, 2009, Atlanta, Georgia 47145, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Gnègnè, Yacouba, 2009. "Adjusted net saving and welfare change," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(4), pages 1127-1139, February.
- Patrick Guillaumont, 2011. "Aid effectiveness for poverty reduction:macroeconomic overview and emerging issues," Working Papers halshs-00554285, HAL.
- Zon, Adriaan van & Wiebe, Kirsten, 2010. "Efficient Development Portfolio Design for Sub Saharan Africa," MERIT Working Papers 050, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Robert Gillanders, 2011. "The Effects of Foreign Aid in Sub-Saharan Africa," Working Papers 201116, School Of Economics, University College Dublin.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.