Public Policy, Markets and Household Coping Strategies in Bangladesh: Avoiding a Food Security Crisis Following the 1998 Floods
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 31 (2003)
Issue (Month): 7 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pitt, Mark M, 1983. "Food Preferences and Nutrition in Rural Bangladesh," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 65(1), pages 105-14, February.
- Franque Grimard, 1996. "Does the Poor’s Consumption of Calories Respond to Changes in Income? Evidence from Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 35(3), pages 257-283.
- Subramanian, S. & Deaton, A., 1994.
"The Demand for Food and Calories,"
175, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Development Studies.
- Strauss, J. & Thonas, D., 1990. "The Shape Of The Calorie-Expenditure Curve," Papers 595, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- del Ninno, Carlo & Dorosh, Paul A., 2001. "Averting a food crisis: private imports and public targeted distribution in Bangladesh after the 1998 flood," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 25(2-3), pages 337-346, September.
- Ravallion, Martin, 1985. "The Performance of Rice Markets in Bangladesh during the 1974 Famine," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 95(377), pages 15-29, March.
- Dorosh, Paul A., 2001. "Trade Liberalization and National Food Security: Rice Trade between Bangladesh and India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 673-689, April.
- Philip Verwimp & Eleonora Nillesen, 2010.
"A Phoenix in Flames ?Portfolio Choice and Violence in Civil War in Rural Burundi,"
Working Papers ECARES
ECARES 2010-015, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Eleonora Nillesen & Philip Verwimp, 2010. "A Phoenix in Flames? Portfolio Choice and Violence in Civil War in Rural Burundi," Research Working Papers 25, MICROCON - A Micro Level Analysis of Violent Conflict.
- Eleonora Nillesen & Philip Verwimp, 2010. "A Phoenix in Flames? Portfolio Choice and Violence in Civil War in rural Burundi," HiCN Working Papers 75, Households in Conflict Network.
- Kozel, Valerie & Fallavier, Pierre & Badiani, Reena, 2008. "Risk and vulnerability analysis in World Bank analytic work : FY2000-FY2007," Social Protection Discussion Papers 44780, The World Bank.
- van den Berg, Marrit, 2010. "Household income strategies and natural disasters: Dynamic livelihoods in rural Nicaragua," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(3), pages 592-602, January.
- Dorosh, Paul & Malik, Sohail & Krausova, Marika, 2010. "Rehabilitating agriculture and promoting food security following the 2010 Pakistan floods: Insights from South Asian experience," IFPRI discussion papers 1028, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Alam, Mohammad Jahangir & Begum, Ismat Ara & Buysse, Jeroen & McKenzie, Andrew M. & Wailes, Eric J. & Van Huylenbroeck, Guido, 2010. "Testing Asymmetric Price Transmission in the Vertical Supply Chain in De-regulated Rice Markets in Bangladesh," 2010 Annual Meeting, July 25-27, 2010, Denver, Colorado 61374, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Huigen, Marco G.A. & Jens, Isabella C., 2006. "Socio-Economic Impact of Super Typhoon Harurot in San Mariano, Isabela, the Philippines," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(12), pages 2116-2136, December.
- Alderman, Harold & Haque, Trina, 2006. "Countercyclical safety nets for the poor and vulnerable," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 372-383, August.
- Bhargava, Pradeep & Balana, Manju, 2006. "Realizing the Right to Food in South Asia," Working Paper Series RP2006/122, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Banerjee, Lopamudra, 2007. "Effect of Flood on Agricultural Wages in Bangladesh: An Empirical Analysis," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(11), pages 1989-2009, November.
- Mueller, Valerie & Quisumbing, Agnes, 2010. "Short- and long-term effects of the 1998 Bangladesh flood on rural wages," IFPRI discussion papers 956, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- del Ninno, Carlo & Dorosh, Paul A. & Subbarao, Kalanidhi, 2007. "Food aid, domestic policy and food security: Contrasting experiences from South Asia and sub-Saharan Africa," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 413-435, August.
- Czura, Kristina & Klonner, Stefan, 2010. "The Tsunami and the Chit Fund- Evidence from the Indian Ocean Tsunami Hit on Credit Demand in South India," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Hannover 2010 46, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Nillesen, Eleonora & Verwim, Philip, 2010. "A Phoenix in Flames? Portfolio Choice and Violence in Civil War in Rural Burundi," Working Paper Series wp2010-44, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Alvi, Eskander & Dendir, Seife, 2011. "Weathering the Storms: Credit Receipt and Child Labor in the Aftermath of the Great Floods (1998) in Bangladesh," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(8), pages 1398-1409, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.