The Rise and Fall of the Washington Consensus as a Paradigm for Developing Countries
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 28 (2000)
Issue (Month): 5 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Velasco, A. & Chang, R., 1998.
"The Asian Liquidity Crisis,"
98-27, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Rodrik, Dani, 1994. "King Kong Meets Godzilla: The World Bank and The East Asian Miracle," CEPR Discussion Papers 944, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Peter Evans, 1998. "Transferable lessons? Re-examining the institutional prerequisites of East Asian economic policies," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(6), pages 66-86.
- Williamson, John, 1993. "Democracy and the "Washington consensus"," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 21(8), pages 1329-1336, August.
- Gianmarco I. P. Ottaviano & Diego Puga, 1998.
"Agglomeration in the Global Economy: A Survey of the 'New Economic Geography',"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(6), pages 707-731, 08.
- Ottaviano, Gianmarco Ireo Paolo & Puga, Diego, 1997. "Agglomeration in the Global Economy: A Survey of the 'New Economic Geography'," CEPR Discussion Papers 1699, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kay, C., 1998. "Relevance of structuralist and dependency theories in the neoliberal period : a Latin American perspective," ISS Working Papers - General Series 19025, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Singh, Ajit, 1994. "Openness and the market friendly approach to development: Learning the right lessons from development experience," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 22(12), pages 1811-1823, December.
- Chang, Ha-Joon & Palma, Gabriel & Whittaker, D Hugh, 1998. "The Asian Crisis: Introduction," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 22(6), pages 649-52, November.
- Akyuz, Yilmaz & Gore, Charles, 1996. "The investment-profits nexus in East Asian industrialization," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 461-470, March.
- J. Stiglitz, 1998. "More Instruments and Broader Goals: Moving toward the PostWashington Consensus," VOPROSY ECONOMIKI, N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki", vol. 8.
- Charles Gore, 1997. "Irreducibly social goods and the informational basis of Amartya Sen's capability approach," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(2), pages 235-250.
- Amsden, Alice H., 1994. "Why isn't the whole world experimenting with the East Asian model to develop?: Review of the East Asian miracle," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 627-633, April.
- Sun Sheng Han & George Ofori, 2001. "Construction industry in China's regional economy, 1990-1998," Construction Management and Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(2), pages 189-205.
- Eric Berr & François Combarnous & Eric Rougier, 2005. "Too much consensus could be harmful : measuring the degree of implementation of the Washington consensus and its impact on economic growth," Documents de travail 116, Groupe d'Economie du Développement de l'Université Montesquieu Bordeaux IV.
- Marangos, John, 2009. "What happened to the Washington Consensus? The evolution of international development policy," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 197-208, January.
- Sekkat, Khalid, 2012. "Manufactured Exports and FDI in Southern Mediterranean Countries: Evolution, determinants and prospects," CEPS Papers 6849, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- Paul Mosley, 2001. "Attacking Poverty and the 'post-Washington consensus'," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(3), pages 307-313.
- Mario Cedrini, 2008.
"Consensus versus freedom or consensus upon freedom? from Washington disorder to the rediscovery of Keynes,"
Journal of Post Keynesian Economics,
M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 30(4), pages 499-522, July.
- Cedrini Mario, 2007. "Consensus vs. freedom of consensus upon freedom? From Washington disorder to the rediscovery of Keynes," CESMEP Working Papers 200708, University of Turin.
- Phillip Anthony Oâ€™Hara, 2013. "Policies and Institutions for Moderating Deep Recessions, Debt Crises and Financial Instabilities," Panoeconomicus, Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, vol. 60(1), pages 19-49, March.
- Sam Hickey, 2007. "Conceptualising the Politics of Social Protection in Africa," Brooks World Poverty Institute Working Paper Series 0407, BWPI, The University of Manchester.
- Mitlin, Diana & Hickey, Sam & Bebbington, Anthony, 2007. "Reclaiming Development? NGOs and the Challenge of Alternatives," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(10), pages 1699-1720, October.
- Ashman, Darcy, 2001. "Civil Society Collaboration with Business: Bringing Empowerment Back in," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(7), pages 1097-1113, July.
- Gellert, Paul K., 2005. "The Shifting Natures of "Development": Growth, Crisis, and Recovery in Indonesia's Forests," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(8), pages 1345-1364, August.
- Jairo Guillermo Isaza Castro & Carlos Arturo Meza Carvajalino, 2004. "La demanda de trabajo:Aspectos teóricos y evidencia empírica para Colombia," SERIE DE DOCUMENTOS EN ECONOMÃA Y VIOLENCIA 002965, CENTRO DE INVESTIGACIONES EN VIOLENCIA,INSTITUCIONES Y DESARROLLO ECONÓMICO (VIDE).
- Bjorvatn, Kjetil & Coniglio, Nicola Daniele, 2012. "Big push or big failure? On the effectiveness of industrialization policies for economic development," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 129-141.
- Yakub Halabi, 2013. "Perpetuating the global division of labour: defensive free trade and development in the third world," Asia-Pacific Development Journal, United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP), vol. 20(1), pages 91-120, June.
- Ziya Önis & Fikret Senses, 2003. "Rethinking the Emerging Post-Washington Consensus: A Critical Appraisal," ERC Working Papers 0309, ERC - Economic Research Center, Middle East Technical University, revised Sep 2003.
- Michael Tribe & Andrew Sumner, 2006. "Development economics at a crossroads? Introduction to a policy arena," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(7), pages 957-966.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.