Causes of the Russian mortality crisis: Evidence and interpretations
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 26 (1998)
Issue (Month): 11 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Shkolnikov, Vladimir M. & Leon, David A. & Adamets, Sergey & Eugeniy Andreev & Deev, Alexander, 1998. "Educational level and adult mortality in Russia: An analysis of routine data 1979 to 1994," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 357-369, August.
- Eduardo Arriaga, 1984. "Measuring and explaining the change in life expectancies," Demography, Springer, vol. 21(1), pages 83-96, February.
- Bloom, David E. & Malaney, Pia N., 1998. "Macroeconomic consequences of the Russian mortality crisis," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(11), pages 2073-2085, November.
- Bennett, Neil G. & Bloom, David E. & Ivanov, Serguey F., 1998. "Demographic implications of the Russian mortality crisis," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(11), pages 1921-1937, November.
- Kazuhiro Kumo, 2012. "Mortality Trends in Russia Revisited: A Survey," Global COE Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series gd12-239, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Patrick Guillaumont & Catherine Korachais & Julie Subervie, 2011.
"How Macroeconomic Instability Lowers Child Survival,"
- Guillaumont, Patrick & Korachais, Catherine & Subervie, Julie, 2008. "How Macroeconomic Instability Lowers Child Survival," Working Paper Series RP2008/51, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Julie SUBERVIE & Catherine KORACHAIS & Patrick GUILLAUMONT, 2006. "How Macroeconomic Instability Lowers Child Survival," Working Papers 200639, CERDI.
- Staudigel, Matthias, 2011. "How (much) do food prices contribute to obesity in Russia?," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 133-147, March.
- Stillman, Steven, 2006. "Health and nutrition in Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union during the decade of transition: A review of the literature," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 104-146, January.
- Prabir C. Bhattacharya, 2012. "Gender Inequality and the Sex Ratio in Three Emerging Economies," Heriot-Watt University Economics Discussion Papers 1201, Department of Economics, School of Management and Languages, Heriot Watt University.
- Kumo, Kazuhiro, 2013. "Analysis on Russian Demographic Trends," Discussion Paper Series 42, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Billingsley, Sunnee, 2012. "Intragenerational mobility and mortality in Russia: Short and longer-term effects," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 75(12), pages 2326-2336.
- Lipowicz, Anna, 2007. "Hypertension among Polish males during the economic transition," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 61-73, March.
- Ivaschenko, Oleksiy, 2004. "Longevity in Russia's Regions: Do Poverty and Low Public Health Spending Kill?," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Brainerd, Elizabeth, 2001.
"Economic reform and mortality in the former Soviet Union: A study of the suicide epidemic in the 1990s,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 45(4-6), pages 1007-1019, May.
- Brainerd, Elizabeth, 2001. "Economic Reform and Mortality in the Former Soviet Union: A Study of the Suicide Epidemic in the 1990s," IZA Discussion Papers 243, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Sunnee Billingsley, 2009. "Downward mobility, unemployment and mortality," MPIDR Working Papers WP-2009-015, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany.
- HwaJung Choi, 2011. "Parents’ Health and Adult Children’s Subsequent Working Status: A Perspective of Intergenerational Transfer and Time Allocation," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 32(3), pages 493-507, September.
- Neil Mehta & Irma Elo, 2012. "Migrant Selection and the Health of U.S. Immigrants From the Former Soviet Union," Demography, Springer, vol. 49(2), pages 425-447, May.
- Andrei Shleifer & Daniel Treisman, 2005. "A Normal Country: Russia After Communism," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 19(1), pages 151-174, Winter.
- Jensen, Robert T. & Richter, Kaspar, 2004. "The health implications of social security failure: evidence from the Russian pension crisis," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(1-2), pages 209-236, January.
- Irina Denisova, 2009. "Mortality in Russia: Microanalysis," Working Papers w0128, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR).
- Gerry, Christopher J., 2012. "The journals are full of great studies but can we believe the statistics? Revisiting the Mass Privatisation – Mortality Debate," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 75(1), pages 14-22.
- Becker, Charles M. & Urzhumova, Dina S., 2005. "Mortality recovery and stabilization in Kazakhstan, 1995-2001," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 97-122, March.
- Jacques Vallin & Evgeny M. Andreev & France Meslé & Vladimir Shkolnikov, 2005. "Geographical diversity of cause-of-death patterns and trends in Russia," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 12(13), pages 323-380, June.
- Becker, Charles M. & Hemley, David D., 1998. "Demographic change in the former Soviet Union during the transition period," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(11), pages 1957-1975, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.