The pattern of direct foreign investment and economic growth
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 25 (1997)
Issue (Month): 11 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kojima, Kiyoshi, 1973. "A Macroeconomic Approach to Foreign Direct Investment," Hitotsubashi Journal of Economics, Hitotsubashi University, vol. 14(1), pages 1-21, June.
- Robert J. Barro, 2013.
"Inflation and Economic Growth,"
Annals of Economics and Finance,
Society for AEF, vol. 14(1), pages 121-144, May.
- Blecker, Robert A., 1996. "The new economic integration: Structuralist models of North-South trade and investment liberalization," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 321-345, September.
- Kojima, Kiyoshi, 1975. "International Trade and Foreign Investment : Substitutes or Complements," Hitotsubashi Journal of Economics, Hitotsubashi University, vol. 16(1), pages 1-12, June.
- Lee, Chung H, 1984. "On Japanese Macroeconomic Theories of Direct Foreign Investment," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 32(4), pages 713-23, July.
- Kojima, Kiyoshi, 1985. "Japanese and American Direct Investment in Asia : A Comparative Analysis," Hitotsubashi Journal of Economics, Hitotsubashi University, vol. 26(1), pages 1-35, June.
- Burgstaller, A. & Saavedra-Rivano, N., 1984. "Capital mobility and growth in a North-South model," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1-3), pages 213-237.
- Bornschier, Volker, 1980. "Multinational corporations and economic growth : A cross-national test of the decapitalization thesis," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 191-210, April.
- Tausch, Arno & Heshmati, Almas, 2009.
"Re-Orient? MNC Penetration and Contemporary Shifts in the Global Political Economy,"
IZA Discussion Papers
4393, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Arno Tausch & Almas Heshmati, 2009. "Re-Orient? MNC Penetration and Contemporary Shifts in the Global Political Economy," TEMEP Discussion Papers 200911, Seoul National University; Technology Management, Economics, and Policy Program (TEMEP), revised Aug 2009.
- Kamal A. El-Wassal, 2012. "Foreign Direct Investment And Economic Growth In Arab Countries (1970-2008): An Inquiry Into Determinants Of Growth Benefits," Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 37(4), pages 79-100, December.
- Durham, J.B.J. Benson, 2004. "Absorptive capacity and the effects of foreign direct investment and equity foreign portfolio investment on economic growth," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 285-306, April.
- Busse, Matthias & Groizard Cardosa, José Luis, 2006.
"FDI, Regulations and Growth,"
HWWA Discussion Papers
342, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWA).
- Busse, Matthias & Groizard Cardosa, José Luis, 2006. "FDI, Regulations and Growth," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Berlin 2006 6, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Fayissa, Bichaka & Nsiah, Christian & Joshi, Prathibha V., 2010. "Perceived Financial Risk and the Economic Growth of sub-Saharan African Countries - Rischio finanziario percepito e divergenza nella crescita economica dei paesi dell’Africa sub-sahariana," Economia Internazionale / International Economics, Camera di Commercio di Genova, vol. 63(2), pages 179-192.
- Li Sheng, 2012. "Rethinking the impacts of foreign investors on urban development: the city of Macao," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 49(1), pages 73-86, August.
- David Mayer-Foulkes & Peter Nunnenkamp, 2005.
"Do Multinational Enterprises Contribute to Convergence or Divergence? A Disaggregated Analysis of US FDI,"
DEGIT Conference Papers
c010_045, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- David Mayer-Foulkes & Peter Nunnenkamp, 2005. "Do Multinational Enterprises Contribute to Convergence or Divergence? A Disaggregated Analysis of US FDI," Kiel Working Papers 1242, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Jaya Prakash Pradhan, 2006.
"Quality of Foreign Direct Investment, Knowledge Spillovers and Host Country Productivity: A Framework of Analysis,"
0611, Institute for Studies in Industrial Development (ISID).
- Pradhan, Jaya Prakash, 2006. "Quality of Foreign Direct Investment, Knowledge Spillovers and Host Country Productivity: A Framework of Analysis," MPRA Paper 12336, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Alaya MAROUANE (Université of Tunis) & Dalila NICET-CHENAF (GREThA UMR CNRS 5113) & Eric ROUGIER (GREThA UMR CNRS 5113), 2008.
"The law of growth and attraction: an endogenous model of absorptive capacities, FDI and income for MENA countries,"
Cahiers du GREThA
2008-27, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
- Alaya MAROUANE (Université de Tunis) & Dalila NICET-CHENAF (GREThA-GRES) & Eric ROUGIER (GREThA-GRES), 2008. "The law of growth and attraction: an endogenous model of absorptive capacities, FDI and income for MENA countries," Cahiers du GRES 2008-21, Groupement de Recherches Economiques et Sociales.
- Nury Effendi & Femmy Soemantri, 2003. "Foreign Direct Investment And Regional Economic Growth In Indonesia: A Panel Data Study," Working Papers in Economics and Development Studies (WoPEDS) 200305, Department of Economics, Padjadjaran University, revised Jul 2003.
- Patrick Hamm & Lawrence King, 2010. "Post-Manichean Economics: Foreign Investment, State Capacity and Economic Development in Transition Economies," Working Papers wp227, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.