Managing credit for the rural poor: Lessons from the Grameen Bank
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 24 (1996)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Yaron, J., 1992. "Successful Rural Finance Institutions," World Bank - Discussion Papers 150, World Bank.
- Yaron, J., 1992. "Assessing Development Finance Institutions; A Public Interest Analysis," World Bank - Discussion Papers 174, World Bank.
- Hossain, Mahabub, 1988. "Credit for alleviation of rural poverty: the Grameen Bank in Bangladesh," Research reports 65, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Jonathan Conning, 2005. "Monitoring by Peers or by Delegates? Joint Liability Loans and Moral Hazard," Hunter College Department of Economics Working Papers 407, Hunter College: Department of Economics.
- Sajjad Zohir & Imran Matin, 2004. "Wider impacts of microfinance institutions: issues and concepts," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 301-330.
- repec:fip:fedhpr:y:1999:i:mar:p:547-578 is not listed on IDEAS
- Guerin, Isabelle, 2002. "Microfinance et autonomie féminine," ILO Working Papers 356565, International Labour Organization.
- V. Pelligra, 2005. "Banking with sentiments. A model of fiduciary interactions in micro-credit programs," Working Paper CRENoS 200503, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- O. Emre Ergungor, 2006.
"Bank branch presence and access to credit in low-to-moderate income neighborhoods,"
0616, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Ozgur Emre Ergungor, 2010. "Bank Branch Presence and Access to Credit in Low- to Moderate-Income Neighborhoods," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 42(7), pages 1321-1349, October.
- Edwards, Michael, 1999. "NGO Performance - What Breeds Success? New Evidence from South Asia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 361-374, February.
- Prugl, Elisabeth & Tinker, Irene, 1997. "Microentrepreneurs and homeworkers: Convergent categories," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(9), pages 1471-1482, September.
- Hilson, Gavin & Ackah-Baidoo, Abigail, 2011. "Can Microcredit Services Alleviate Hardship in African Small-scale Mining Communities?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(7), pages 1191-1203, July.
- Esteban, E., 2002. "Old wine in new bottles? : rural finance and social funds in Argentina," ISS Working Papers - General Series 19128, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Schreiner, Mark & Woller, Gary, 2003. "Microenterprise Development Programs in the United States and in the Developing World," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(9), pages 1567-1580, September.
- Biggs, Stephen & Smith, Sally, 2003. "A Paradox of Learning in Project Cycle Management and the Role of Organizational Culture," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(10), pages 1743-1757, October.
- Kovsted, Jens & Lyk-Jensen, Peter, 1999. "Rotating savings and credit associations: the choice between random and bidding allocation of funds," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 143-172, October.
- Biggs, Stephen & Messerschmidt, Don, 2005. "Social responsibility in the growing handmade paper industry of Nepal," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(11), pages 1821-1843, November.
- Balkenhol, Bernd & Schütte, Haje, 2001. "Collateral, collateral law and collateral substitutes," ILO Working Papers 408917, International Labour Organization.
- Dowla, Asif, 2006. "In credit we trust: Building social capital by Grameen Bank in Bangladesh," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 102-122, February.
- repec:fip:fedhpr:y:1999:i:mar:p:579-583 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jain, Sanjay & Mansuri, Ghazala, 2003. "A little at a time: the use of regularly scheduled repayments in microfinance programs," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 253-279, October.
- repec:fip:fedhpr:y:1999:i:mar:p:527-546 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.