Feminization of the labor force: The effects of long-term development and structural adjustment
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 23 (1995)
Issue (Month): 11 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Howes, Candace & Singh, Ajit, 1994.
"Long term trends in the world economy: the gender dimension,"
53436, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Howes, Candace & Singh, Ajit, 1995. "Long-term trends in the World economy: The gender dimension," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(11), pages 1895-1911, November.
- Howes, Candace & Singh, Ajit, 1994. "Long term trends in the world economy: the gender dimension," MPRA Paper 54993, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Schultz, T. Paul, 1989.
"Women's changing participation in the labor force : a world perspective,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
272, The World Bank.
- Schultz, T Paul, 1990. "Women's Changing Participation in the Labor Force: A World Perspective," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 38(3), pages 457-88, April.
- Schultz, T.P., 1989. "Women'S Changing Participation In The Labor Force: A World Perspective," Papers 571, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Kottis, Athena Petraki, 1990. "Shifts over time and regional variation in women's labor force participation rates in a developing economy: The case of Greece," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 117-132, July.
- Standing, Guy, 1989. "Global feminization through flexible labor," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 17(7), pages 1077-1095, July.
- Ramya Vijaya, 2007. "Trade, Job Losses and Gender: A Policy Perspective," Forum for Social Economics, Springer, vol. 36(2), pages 73-85, October.
- Baslevent, Cem & Onaran, Ozlem, 2004. "The Effect of Export-Oriented Growth on Female Labor Market Outcomes in Turkey," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(8), pages 1375-1393, August.
- Angela Luci & Olivier Thevenon, 2010.
"Does economic development drive the fertility rebound in OECD countries?,"
- Angela Luci & Olivier Thévenon, 2010. "Does economic development drive the fertility rebound in oecd countries ?," Working Papers 167, Institut National d'Études Démographiques (INED).
- Lim, Joseph Y., 2000. "The Effects of the East Asian Crisis on the Employment of Women and Men: The Philippine Case," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(7), pages 1285-1306, July.
- Singh, Ajit, 1999.
"The role of employment and work in poverty eradication and empowerment and advancement of women,"
53561, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Singh, Ajit, 1999. "The role of employment and work in poverty eradication and empowerment and advancement of women," MPRA Paper 54923, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bussmann, Margit, 2009. "The Effect of Trade Openness on Women's Welfare and Work Life," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 1027-1038, June.
- Assaad, Ragui & Arntz, Melanie, 2005. "Constrained Geographical Mobility and Gendered Labor Market Outcomes Under Structural Adjustment: Evidence from Egypt," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 431-454, March.
- Singh, Ajit & Zammit, Ann, 2000.
"International Capital Flows: Identifying the Gender Dimension,"
Elsevier, vol. 28(7), pages 1249-1268, July.
- Singh, Ajit & Zammit, Josephine Ann, 1999. "International Capital Flows: Identifying the Gender Dimension," MPRA Paper 53535, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Burça Kýzýlýrmak & Emel Memiþ & Þirin Saracoðlu & Ebru Voyvoda, 2014.
"Changes in Global Trade Patterns and Women's Employment in Manufacturing: An Analysis Over the Period of Asianization and De-industrialization,"
2014/1, Turkish Economic Association.
- Burca Kizilirmak & Emel Memis & Sirin Saracoglu & Ebru Voyvoda, 2014. "Changes in Global Trade Patterns and Women's Employment in Manufacturing: an Analysis over the Period of Asianization and De-industrialization," ERC Working Papers 1401, ERC - Economic Research Center, Middle East Technical University, revised Jan 2014.
- Yassaman Saadatmand & Michael Toma, 2008. "IMF-Induced Structural Adjustment Programs and Women in Ecuador," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer, vol. 14(2), pages 181-190, May.
- Arusha Cooray, 2009. "Does Democracy Explain Gender Differentials in Education?," CAMA Working Papers 2009-20, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Tam, Henry, 2011. "U-shaped female labor participation with economic development: Some panel data evidence," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 110(2), pages 140-142, February.
- Cristina Echevarria & Karine Moe, 2000. "On the Need for Gender in Dynamic Models," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(2), pages 77-96.
- Stephanie Seguino, 2008. "Gender, Distribution, and Balance of Payments (revised 10/08)," Working Papers wp133_revised, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Erturk, Korkut & Darity, William Jr., 2000. "Secular Changes in the Gender Composition of Employment and Growth Dynamics in the North and the South," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(7), pages 1231-1238, July.
- Karim, Mohamed & Bouzahzah, Mohamed, 2012. "Women’s changing participation in the Labor Force. A CGE Model applied to the Moroccan economy," MPRA Paper 45455, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ozler, Sule, 2000. "Export Orientation and Female Share of Employment: Evidence from Turkey," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(7), pages 1239-1248, July.
- Myriam Blin, 2006. "Export-Oriented Policies, Womenâ€™s Work Burden and Human Development in Mauritius," Working Papers 147, Department of Economics, SOAS, University of London, UK.
- Seguino, Stephanie, 2003. "Why are women in the Caribbean so much more likely than men to be unemployed?," MPRA Paper 6507, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Arusha Cooray & Sushanta Mallick, 2011. "What explains cross-country growth in South Asia? Female education and the growth effect of international openness," Brooks World Poverty Institute Working Paper Series 14511, BWPI, The University of Manchester.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.