The cross-country Engel curve for product diversification
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Structural Change and Economic Dynamics.
Volume (Year): 7 (1996)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/525148
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Levi, Maurice D, 1973. "Errors in the Variables Bias in the Presence of Correctly Measured Variables," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(5), pages 985-86, September.
- Dixit, Avinash K & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1975.
"Monopolistic Competition and Optimum Product Diversity,"
The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS)
64, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Dixit, Avinash K & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1977. "Monopolistic Competition and Optimum Product Diversity," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(3), pages 297-308, June.
- Heckman, James J, 1979.
"Sample Selection Bias as a Specification Error,"
Econometric Society, vol. 47(1), pages 153-61, January.
- Gollop, Frank M & Monahan, James L, 1991. "A Generalized Index of Diversification: Trends in U.S. Manufacturing," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 73(2), pages 318-30, May.
- Jackson, Laurence Fraser, 1984. "Hierarchic Demand and the Engel Curve for Variety," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 66(1), pages 8-15, February.
- Smith, Adam, 1776. "An Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of Nations," History of Economic Thought Books, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, number smith1776.
- Falkinger, Josef, 1994. "An Engelian model of growth and innovation with hierarchic consumer demand and unequal incomes," Ricerche Economiche, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 123-139, June.
- Reto Foellmi und Josef Zweimüller, .
"Inequality and Economic Growth - European Versus U.S. Experiences,"
IEW - Working Papers
158, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Reto Foellmi & Josef Zweimüller, 2003. "Inequality and Economic Growth: European Versus U.S. Experiences," CESifo Working Paper Series 1007, CESifo Group Munich.
- Rashid, Dewan Arif & Smith, Lisa C. & Rahman, Tauhidur, 2011.
"Determinants of Dietary Quality: Evidence from Bangladesh,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(12), pages 2221-2231.
- Rashid, Dewan Arif & Smith, Lisa C. & Rahman, Tauhidur, 2006. "Determinants of Dietary Quality: Evidence from Bangladesh," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21326, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Nachum, Lilach, 2003. "Does nationality of ownership make any difference and, if so, under what circumstances?: Professional service MNEs in global competition," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 1-32.
- Josef ZweimÃ¼Ller, 2000.
"Inequality, Redistribution, and Economic Growth,"
Springer, vol. 27(1), pages 1-20, March.
- Zweimüller, Josef, 1998.
"Schumpeterian Entrepreneurs Meet Engel's Law: The Impact of Inequality on Innovation-Driven Growth,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1880, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Zweimuller, Josef, 2000. " Schumpeterian Entrepreneurs Meet Engel's Law: The Impact of Inequality on Innovation-Driven Growth," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 5(2), pages 185-206, June.
- Josef Zweimueller, . "Schumpeterian Entrepreneurs Meet Engel's Law: The Impact of Inequality on Innovation-Driven Growth," IEW - Working Papers 009, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- BEHRENS, Kristian & PHOLO BALA, Alain, 2006.
"Do rent-seeking and interregional transfers contribute to urban primacy in sub-Saharan Africa ?,"
CORE Discussion Papers
2006114, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Kristian Behrens & Alain Pholo Bala, 2013. "Do rent-seeking and interregional transfers contribute to urban primacy in Sub-Saharan Africa?," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 92(1), pages 163-195, 03.
- Kristian Behrens & Alain Pholo Bala, 2011. "Do rent-seeking and interregional transfers contribute to urban primacy in sub-Saharan Africa?," Working Papers 237, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- D'Haese, Marijke & Van Huylenbroeck, Guido, 2005. "The rise of supermarkets and changing expenditure patterns of poor rural households case study in the Transkei area, South Africa," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 97-113, February.
- Foellmi, Reto & Zweimüller, Josef, 2005.
"Income Distribution and Demand-Induced Innovations,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
4985, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Reto Foellmi & Josef Zweimüller, . "Income Distribution and Demand-induced Innovations," IEW - Working Papers 212, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Lilas Demmou, 2010. "Le recul de l’emploi industriel en France entre 1980 et 2007. Ampleur et principaux déterminants : un état des lieux," Économie et Statistique, Programme National Persée, vol. 438(1), pages 273-296.
- Thiele, S. & Weiss, C., 2003. "Consumer demand for food diversity: evidence for Germany," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 99-115, April.
- Demmou, Lilas, 2012. "How product innovation in the North may immiserize the South," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 97(2), pages 293-304.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.