On weak dependence conditions for Poisson autoregressions
AbstractWe consider generalized linear models for regression modeling of count time series. We give easily verifiable conditions for obtaining weak dependence for such models. These results enable the development of maximum likelihood inference under minimal conditions. Some examples which are useful to applications are discussed in detail.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 82 (2012)
Issue (Month): 5 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Konstantinos Fokianos & Dag Tjøstheim, 2012. "Nonlinear Poisson autoregression," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 64(6), pages 1205-1225, December.
- Fokianos, Konstantinos & Tjøstheim, Dag, 2011. "Log-linear Poisson autoregression," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 102(3), pages 563-578, March.
- Konstantinos Fokianos & Anders Rahbek & Dag Tjøstheim, 2009.
CREATES Research Papers
2009-12, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Richard A. Davis, 2003. "Observation-driven models for Poisson counts," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 90(4), pages 777-790, December.
- Doukhan, Paul & Louhichi, Sana, 1999. "A new weak dependence condition and applications to moment inequalities," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 84(2), pages 313-342, December.
- René Ferland & Alain Latour & Driss Oraichi, 2006. "Integer-Valued GARCH Process," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(6), pages 923-942, November.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Doukhan, Paul & Wintenberger, Olivier, 2008. "Weakly dependent chains with infinite memory," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 118(11), pages 1997-2013, November.
- Doukhan, Paul & Fokianos, Konstantinos & Tjøstheim, Dag, 2013. "Correction to “On weak dependence conditions for Poisson autoregressions” [Statist. Probab. Lett. 82 (2012) 942–948]," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 83(8), pages 1926-1927.
- Doukhan, Paul & Fokianos, Konstantinos & Li, Xiaoyin, 2012. "On weak dependence conditions: The case of discrete valued processes," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 82(11), pages 1941-1948.
- Douc, R. & Doukhan, P. & Moulines, E., 2013. "Ergodicity of observation-driven time series models and consistency of the maximum likelihood estimator," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 123(7), pages 2620-2647.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.