Observation-driven models for Poisson counts
AbstractThis paper is concerned with a general class of observation-driven models for time series of counts whose conditional distributions given past observations and explanatory variables follow a Poisson distribution. These models provide a flexible framework for modelling a wide range of dependence structures. Conditions for stationarity and ergodicity of these processes are established from which the large-sample properties of the maximum likelihood estimators can be derived. Simulations are provided to give additional insight into the finite-sample behaviour of the estimators. Finally an application to a regression model for daily counts of asthma presentations at a Sydney hospital is described. Copyright Biometrika Trust 2003, Oxford University Press.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Biometrika Trust in its journal Biometrika.
Volume (Year): 90 (2003)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Oxford University Press, Great Clarendon Street, Oxford OX2 6DP, UK
Fax: 01865 267 985
Web page: http://biomet.oxfordjournals.org/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Drew Creal & Siem Jan Koopman & Andr� Lucas, 2008. "A General Framework for Observation Driven Time-Varying Parameter Models," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 08-108/4, Tinbergen Institute.
- Konstantinos Fokianos & Dag Tjøstheim, 2012. "Nonlinear Poisson autoregression," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 64(6), pages 1205-1225, December.
- Ralph D. Snyder & Gael M. Martin & Phillip Gould & Paul D. Feigin, 2007. "An Assessment of Alternative State Space Models for Count Time Series," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 4/07, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Jung, Robert C. & Kukuk, Martin & Liesenfeld, Roman, 2006. "Time series of count data: modeling, estimation and diagnostics," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(4), pages 2350-2364, December.
- Dag Tjøstheim, 2012. "Some recent theory for autoregressive count time series," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer, vol. 21(3), pages 413-438, September.
- Francisco Blasques & Siem Jan Koopman & and André Lucas, 2014. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation for Correctly Specified Generalized Autoregressive Score Models: Feedback Effects, Contraction Conditions and Asymptotic Properties," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 14-074/III, Tinbergen Institute.
- Tianqing Liu & Xiaohui Yuan, 2013. "Random rounded integer-valued autoregressive conditional heteroskedastic process," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 54(3), pages 645-683, August.
- Doukhan, Paul & Fokianos, Konstantinos & Tjøstheim, Dag, 2012. "On weak dependence conditions for Poisson autoregressions," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 82(5), pages 942-948.
- Fokianos, Konstantinos & Rahbek, Anders & TjÃ¸stheim, Dag, 2009.
Journal of the American Statistical Association,
American Statistical Association, vol. 104(488), pages 1430-1439.
- Konstantinos Fokianos & Anders Rahbek & Dag Tjøstheim, 2008. "Poisson Autoregression," Discussion Papers 08-35, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics, revised Dec 2008.
- Konstantinos Fokianos & Anders Rahbek & Dag Tjøstheim, 2009. "Poisson Autoregression," CREATES Research Papers 2009-12, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Fukang Zhu & Dehui Wang, 2011. "Estimation and testing for a Poisson autoregressive model," Metrika, Springer, vol. 73(2), pages 211-230, March.
- Anne Leucht & Michael Neumann, 2013. "Degenerate $$U$$ - and $$V$$ -statistics under ergodicity: asymptotics, bootstrap and applications in statistics," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 65(2), pages 349-386, April.
- Francesco Calvori & Drew Creal & Siem Jan Koopman & Andre Lucas, 2014. "Testing for Parameter Instability in Competing Modeling Frameworks," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 14-010/IV/71, Tinbergen Institute.
- Robert Jung & A. Tremayne, 2011. "Useful models for time series of counts or simply wrong ones?," AStA Advances in Statistical Analysis, Springer, vol. 95(1), pages 59-91, March.
- Fokianos, Konstantions & Fried, Roland, 2009. "Interventions in ingarch processes," Technical Reports 2009,11, Technische Universität Dortmund, Sonderforschungsbereich 475: Komplexitätsreduktion in multivariaten Datenstrukturen.
- Douc, R. & Doukhan, P. & Moulines, E., 2013. "Ergodicity of observation-driven time series models and consistency of the maximum likelihood estimator," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 123(7), pages 2620-2647.
- Jung, Robert & Kukuk, Martin & Liesenfeld, Roman, 2005. "Time Series of Count Data : Modelling and Estimation," Economics Working Papers 2005,08, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Economics.
- Drew Creal & Siem Jan Koopman & Andr� Lucas, 2008.
"A General Framework for Observation Driven Time-Varying Parameter Models,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
08-108/4, Tinbergen Institute.
- Drew Creal & Siem Jan Koopman & Andre Lucas, 2009. "A General Framework for Observation Driven Time-Varying Parameter Models," Global COE Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series gd08-038, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Ralph D. Snyder & Adrian Beaumont, 2007. "A Comparison of Methods for Forecasting Demand for Slow Moving Car Parts," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 15/07, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Francisco Blasques & Siem Jan Koopman & André Lucas, 2014. "Information Theoretic Optimality of Observation Driven Time Series Models," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 14-046/III, Tinbergen Institute.
- Feigin, Paul D. & Gould, Phillip & Martin, Gael M. & Snyder, Ralph D., 2008. "Feasible parameter regions for alternative discrete state space models," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(17), pages 2963-2970, December.
- Sant'Anna, Pedro H. C., 2013. "Testing for Uncorrelated Residuals in Dynamic Count Models with an Application to Corporate Bankruptcy," MPRA Paper 48376, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.