Generalized Cordeiro–Ferrari Bartlett-type adjustment
AbstractThe Bartlett-type adjustment is a higher-order asymptotic method for reducing the errors of the chi-squared approximations to the null distributions of various test statistics, which ensures that the resulting test has size α+o(N−1), where 0<α<1 is the significance level and N is the sample size. Recently, Kakizawa (2012) has revisited the Chandra–Mukerjee/Taniguchi adjustments in a unified way, since Chandra and Mukerjee (1991) and Taniguchi (1991b) originally considered the test of the simple null hypothesis, except for Mukerjee (1992). This paper considers a generalization of the adjustment due to Cordeiro and Ferrari (1991).
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 82 (2012)
Issue (Month): 11 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kakizawa, Yoshihide, 2011. "Improved additive adjustments for the LR/ELR test statistics," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 81(8), pages 1245-1255, August.
- Mukerjee, Rahul, 1992. "Parametric orthogonality and a Bartlett-type modification for Rao's statistic in the presence of a nuisance parameter," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 13(5), pages 397-400, April.
- Rao, C. Radhakrishna & Mukerjee, Rahul, 1997. "Comparison of LR, Score, and Wald Tests in a Non-IID Setting," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 99-110, January.
- Kakizawa, Yoshihide, 2010. "Comparison of Bartlett-type adjusted tests in the multiparameter case," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 101(7), pages 1638-1655, August.
- Kakizawa, Yoshihide, 2012. "Improved chi-squared tests for a composite hypothesis," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 141-161.
- Magdalinos, Michael A., 1992. "Stochastic Expansions and Asymptotic Approximations," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(03), pages 343-367, September.
- Chandra, Tapas K. & Mukerjee, Rahul, 1991. "Bartlett-type modification for Rao's efficient score statistic," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 103-112, January.
- Taniguchi, Masanobu, 1988. "Asymptotic expansions of the distributions of some test statistics for Gaussian ARMA processes," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 494-511, November.
- Takesi Hayakawa, 1977. "The likelihood ratio criterion and the asymptotic expansion of its distribution," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 29(1), pages 359-378, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.