Bartlett-type Adjustments for Empirical Discrepancy Test Statistics
AbstractThis paper derives two Bartlett-type adjustments that can be used to obtain higher-order improvements to the distribution of the class of empirical discrepancy test statistics recently introduced by Corcoran (1998) as a generalisation of Owen's (1988)empirical likelihood. The corrections are illustrated in the context of the so-called Cressie-Read goodness-of-fit statistic Baggerly, and their effectiveness in finite samples is evaluated using simulations.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Department of Economics, University of York in its series Discussion Papers with number 04/14.
Date of creation:
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Department of Economics and Related Studies, University of York, York, YO10 5DD, United Kingdom
Phone: (0)1904 323776
Fax: (0)1904 323759
Web page: http://www.york.ac.uk/economics/
More information through EDIRC
asymptotic expansions; Bartlett and Bartlett-type corrections; empirical likelihood; nonparametric likelihood inference;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chandra, Tapas K. & Mukerjee, Rahul, 1991. "Bartlett-type modification for Rao's efficient score statistic," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 103-112, January.
- Song Chen, 1993. "On the accuracy of empirical likelihood confidence regions for linear regression model," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 45(4), pages 621-637, December.
- Francesco Bravo, 2003. "Second-order power comparisons for a class of nonparametric likelihood-based tests," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 90(4), pages 881-890, December.
- Chen, S. X., 1994. "Comparing Empirical Likelihood and Bootstrap Hypothesis Tests," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 277-293, November.
- Bruce Brown & Song Chen, 1998. "Combined and Least Squares Empirical Likelihood," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 50(4), pages 697-714, December.
- Francesco Bravo, . "Empirical likelihood specification testing in linear regression models," Discussion Papers 00/28, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Grendar, Marian & Judge, George G., 2006. "Large Deviations Theory and Empirical Estimator Choice," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt20n3j23r, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Paul Hodgson).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.