A New Class of Indirect Estimators and Bias Correction
AbstractIn this paper we define a set of indirect estimators based on moment approximations of the auxilary estimators. We provide results that describe higher order asymptotic properties of these estimators. The introduction of these is motivated by reasons of analytical and computational facilitation. We extend this set to a class of multistep indirect estimators that have potentially useful higher order bias properties. Furthermore, the widely employed "feasibly biased corrected estimator" is an one optimazation step approxiamtion of the suggested on.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Athens University of Economics and Business in its series DEOS Working Papers with number 1023.
Date of creation: 22 Jul 2010
Date of revision:
Indirect Estimator; Asymptotic Approximation; Moment Approximation; Higher Order Bias Structure; Binding Function; Local Canonical Representation; Convex Variational Distance.;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Corradi, Valentina & Iglesias, Emma M., 2008. "Bootstrap refinements for QML estimators of the GARCH(1,1) parameters," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 144(2), pages 500-510, June.
- Iglesias, Emma M. & Linton, Oliver B., 2007. "Higher Order Asymptotic Theory When A Parameter Is On A Boundary With An Application To Garch Models," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 23(06), pages 1136-1161, December.
- Magdalinos, Michael A., 1992. "Stochastic Expansions and Asymptotic Approximations," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(03), pages 343-367, September.
- Andrews, Donald W.K., 2002.
"EQUIVALENCE OF THE HIGHER ORDER ASYMPTOTIC EFFICIENCY OF k-STEP AND EXTREMUM STATISTICS,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(05), pages 1040-1085, October.
- Donald W.K. Andrews, 2000. "Equivalence of the Higher-order Asymptotic Efficiency of k-step and Extremum Statistics," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1269, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Antonis Demos & Stelios Arvanitis, 2010. "Stochastic Expansions and Moment Approximations for Three Indirect Estimators," DEOS Working Papers 1004, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Gabriele Fiorentini & Enrique Sentana, 2001. "Constrained Indirect Inference Estimation," FMG Discussion Papers dp384, Financial Markets Group.
- Gallant, A. Ronald & Tauchen, George, 1996.
"Which Moments to Match?,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(04), pages 657-681, October.
- Dimitra Kyriakopoulou & Antonis Demos, 2008. "Edgeworth and Moment Approximations: The Case of MM and QML Estimators for the MA(1) Models," DEOS Working Papers 1003, Athens University of Economics and Business, revised 03 May 2010.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekaterini Glynou).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.